Guide to the Minutes of the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management Faculty Meetings
|Collection Title:||Minutes of the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management Faculty Meetings|
|Creator:||J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management
|Language of Materials:||English|
|Abstract:||The minutes of faculty meetings of the Kellog School of Management and its predecessors fill four boxes and four volumes, and span the years 1908-1977, with some gaps.|
|Note:||Other Information:The J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management has changed names several times through the years. It was known as the School of Commerce from 1939-1953, at which time the name was changed to the School of Business. In 1965 the school became the Graduate School of Management and finally, in 1975, the J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management.|
|Acquisition Information:||The KGSM Faculty Meeting Minutes were transferred to the Archives by Carole Bruning on March 2, 1983 as Accession #83-13 and were separated from the Frank Hartzfeld Papers as #83-14 and the Archives General Files as #83-136. The Index was separated from the John Barr Papers as #79-205.|
|Processing Information:||Mary Ann Webber, March 12, 1984.|
|Conditions Governing Access:||None.|
|Repository:||Northwestern University Archives
Deering Library, Room 110
1970 Campus Dr.
Evanston, IL, 60208-2300
In 1956, the School of Commerce changed its name to the School of Business, and the graduate division assumed the name the Graduate School of Business Administration. The undergraduate program was discontinued in 1966. In 1969, the graduate program changed its name to the Graduate School of Management; and in 1979 it became the J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management.
Scope and Content
The minutes of faculty meetings of the Kellog School of Management and its predecessors fill four boxes and four volumes, and span the years 1908-1977, with some gaps. Topics include committee reports, registration statistics, scholarships and fellowships, course requirements, and actions taken by the faculty.
The minutes record topics discussed in the meetings, such as committee reports, registration statistics, scholarships and fellowships, and course requirements. Also included are records of actions taken by the faculty. The earlier minutes include student petitions, faculty Senate regulations, and correspondence pertaining to personnel matters.
Five folders hold the Faculty Minutes Index. The index spans the years 1911-1971, and is arranged alphabetically according to subject title.
In addition to the foldered minutes are four bound volumes of minutes. These span the years 1908-1943, and in many cases duplicate the minutes contained in the foldered and boxed minutes. Since there are gaps in both sets of records, it is advisable to consult both the foldered and the bound records when searching for a specific meeting date.
Arrangement of Materials
The folders are arranged chronologically, with the most recent minutes including agenda of meetings, memoranda, committee reports, and proposals.
Container List / Contents
- Minutes, 1919-1922Box 1, Folder 1
- Minutes, 1923-1926Box 1, Folder 2
- Minutes, 1927-1930Box 1, Folder 3
- Minutes, 1931-1935Box 1, Folder 4
- Minutes, 1936-1939Box 1, Folder 5
- Minutes, 1940-1944Box 2, Folder 1
- Minutes, 1945-1950Box 2, Folder 2
- Minutes, 1951-1954Box 2, Folder 3
- Minutes, 1955-1956Box 2, Folder 4
- Minutes, 1957-1958Box 2, Folder 5
- Minutes, 1959-1961Box 2, Folder 6
- Minutes (KGSM), 1964-1966Box 3, Folder 1
- Minutes (KGSM), 1966-1968Box 3, Folder 2
- Minutes (KGSM), 1968-1970Box 3, Folder 3
- Minutes (KGSM), 1972-1975Box 3, Folder 4
- Minutes (KGSM), 1975-1976Box 3, Folder 5
- Minutes (KGSM), 1976-1977Box 3, Folder 6
- Faculty Minutes Index, 1911-1931Box 4, Folder 1
- Faculty Minutes Index, 1919-1971Box 4, Folder 2
- Faculty Minutes Index, 1919-1971Box 4, Folder 3
- Faculty Minutes Index, 1919-1971Box 4, Folder 4
- Faculty Minutes Index, 1919-1971Box 4, Folder 5
- Meeting Minutes, 1908/09-1924/25Volume 1
- Meeting Minutes, 1925/26-1930/31Volume 2
- Meeting Minutes, 1931/32-1936/37Volume 3
- Meeting Minutes, 1937/38-1942/43Volume 4