Guide to the Young Alumni Council General Files
|Collection Title:||Young Alumni Council General Files|
|Creator:||Northwestern University Young Alumni Council
|Language of Materials:||English|
|Abstract:||This series comprising the files of the Young Alumni Council, an organization supported by the Department of Alumni Relations, includes the records of the Council's executive committee and various other committees between 1971 and 1975. The bulk of the records span the years 1973 to 1975.|
|Acquisition Information:||This series (accession #74-18) came to the university archives by transfer from the department of alumni relations.|
|Processing Information:||Processor: Elizabeth Agard and Kevin Leonard; January, 1981.|
|Conditions Governing Access:||none|
|Repository:||Northwestern University Archives
Deering Library, Room 110
1970 Campus Dr.
Evanston, IL, 60208-2300
Scope and Content
This series comprising the files of the Young Alumni Council, an organization supported by the Department of Alumni Relations, includes the records of the Council's executive committee and various other committees between 1971 and 1975. The bulk of the records span the years 1973 to 1975.
Types of materials included in the records are membership lists, agendae, and minutes of meetings of the executive committee; financial statements of income, expenses, balances, and budgets; general correspondence; and records of other committees and Council-sponsored programs. These committee and program records are arranged into folders alphabetically and concern the Blood Assurance program; Council committee work including that of the Student Committee, Careers, Nominating, and Executive committees; the Continuing Education Governing Board, Day at Northwestern; the Energy '74 program; the Job Fair program; Medill School of Journalism alumni, especially the Medill Alumni Association and the Medill Ad Hoc Committee on Alumni Relations; the Placement Center, including the "Jobs by June" program; Policy Resolutions; the Publicity Committee, including clippings and press releases, committee membership lists, and copies of the publication What's New With NUYAC; and Trips, including correspondence, agendae and receipts pertaining to Council-sponsored trips.
The records of the Young Alumni Council are incomplete with some missing agendae and minutes of executive committee meetings. However, the records do document the various activities and membership of the council.
Arrangement of Materials
These committee and program records are arranged into folders alphabetically.
Container List / Contents
- Executive Committee: Lists of members, 1973-1974Box 1, Folder 1
- Executive Committee: Agendae, 1973-1975Box 1, Folder 2
- Executive Committee: Minutes of Meetings, 1973-1975Box 1, Folder 3
- Financial Statements: Income, Expenses, Balances and Budgets, 1973-1975Box 1, Folder 4
- Correspondence Received, 1973-1975Box 1, Folder 5
- Correspondence Sent, 1973-1975Box 1, Folder 6
- Annual Meetings: 1973, 1974, 1973-1974Box 1, Folder 7
- Blood Assurance Program, 1973Box 1, Folder 8
- Committee Work, 1973-1975Box 1, Folder 9
- Continuing Education Governing Board, 1972-1974Box 1, Folder 10
- Day at Northwestern, 1974Box 1, Folder 11
- Energy '74 Program, 1974Box 1, Folder 12
- Faculty Seminars, October, 1971, 1974Box 1, Folder 13
- Job Fair Program, 1972-1973, 1975Box 1, Folder 14
- Medill School of Journalism Alumni, 1974Box 1, Folder 15
- Placement Center, 1973Box 1, Folder 16
- Policy Resolutions, 1971-1973Box 1, Folder 17
- Publicity Committee, 1972-1975Box 1, Folder 18
- Trips, 1973Box 1, Folder 19