Skip to main content

Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Commerce

 Organization

In 1978, Evening Divisions was renamed the Division of Continuing Education, and in 2000 it became the School of Continuing Studies.

The School of Commerce was renamed the School of Business in 1956. In 1971 the School discontinued its undergraduate program and was renamed the Graduate School of Management. After a $10 million donation from the John L. and Helen Kellogg Foundation in 1979, the school was renamed the J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management (now Kellogg School of Management).

Found in 1 Collection or Record:

Steuart Henderson Britt (1907-1979) Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 12/1/6
Abstract Steuart Henderson Britt was born in Fulton, Missouri, on June 16, 1907. In 1957 Britt received a dual appointment at Northwestern University as Professor of Marketing in the School of Commerce and Professor of Advertising in the Medill School of Journalism. In 1971 Britt and one of his former students founded the Britt and Frerichs marketing research firm in Chicago. Throughout his career Britt was a prolific author and editor. The Steuart Henderson Britt Papers comprise ten boxes and...
Dates: 1927-1980