Skip to main content

Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Commerce

 Organization

In 1978, Evening Divisions was renamed the Division of Continuing Education, and in 2000 it became the School of Continuing Studies.

The School of Commerce was renamed the School of Business in 1956. In 1971 the School discontinued its undergraduate program and was renamed the Graduate School of Management. After a $10 million donation from the John L. and Helen Kellogg Foundation in 1979, the school was renamed the J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management (now Kellogg School of Management).

Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:

Howard F. Bennett (1911-1974) Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 12/1/4
Abstract After a time in the U.S. Naval Reserve which interrupted his studies, Howard Franklin Bennett returned to Harvard in the spring of 1946. The following autumn he accepted a position as Assistant Professor of Business History at Northwestern University. Bennett re-enlisted in the Naval Reserve in 1951 and served on active duty until 1953 , then in reserve as Commanding Officer of the Naval Air Intelligence Unit at Glenview, Illinois. Bennett attained the rank of Captain in 1960 and retired from...
Dates: 1929-1974

Richard C. Overton (1907-1988) Papers

 Collection
Identifier: 12/1/13
Abstract The papers of Richard Overton (1907-1988; professor of business history) fill 5 boxes and span the years 1940 to 1990, with the bulk of the papers dating between 1942 and 1955. The materials include biographical information; memberships; conferences; Northwestern University's Business History Department; teaching; research; speeches; photographs; professional invitations; publications; Mississippi Valley Historical Association.Biographical materials (1944-1959) include curricula...
Dates: 1939-1998