Alumni Association of the College of Liberal Arts (Northwestern University)
Begun in the 1860s and formally organized on August 30, 1877, the Alumni Association of the College of Liberal Arts was incorporated under Illinois laws on August 20, 1883. The Association served both as a social organization for Northwestern alumni and as an agency for generating material benefit for the university. In 1921 the Liberal Arts Alumni Association became a constituent part of the Northwestern University Alumni Association, representing all schools of the university, which was organized in September of that year.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Abstract This series consists of one bound volume of the records, largely minutes, of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Northwestern University College of Liberal Arts Alumni Association. The records date between August 6, 1883 and June 14, 1924 and document the concerns and activities of the Board, its incorporation, formal duties, plans for alumni events, alumni scholarships and publications.