Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Dental School
For a history of Northwestern University's Dental School, see Clifton O. Dummett and Lois Doyle Dummett, Culture and Education in Dentistry at Northwestern University, 1891-1993 (Chicago: Northwestern University Dental School, 1993). The Dental School closed in 2001.
Found in 16 Collections and/or Records:
The Northwestern University Dental School Deceased Alumni Records consist of three card-file boxes of 3” x 5” index cards containing information about alumni/alumnae of the Dental School. The records span the years 1892 to 1947 and consist of file cards. Graduates include dental hygienists as well as dentists. Information on each card is generally sparse, limited in most cases to graduation year, address at graduation, last known address, date of death, and source of information.
This is an artificial collection of 6 films created by or collected by Northwestern University Dental School, spanning the years 1929 to circa 1947. It includes both unedited footage and produced films that relate to the cultural and institutional history of the dental school.
The microfiche records date between approximately 1905 and 1995 (indicating the graduating year of the student) and are arranged alphabetically by the surname of the student. Information on the microfiche includes application forms, correspondence, and grade records or transcripts. This information may duplicate Dental School student records held elsewhere in the Archives.
This series is comprised of Dental School student transcripts dating from the graduation years ca. 1930 through 1988. The series is organized into three components: transcripts for students pursuing the D.D.S. degree, those of students enrolled in graduate (post D.D.S.–degree) dental studies, and those of students pursuing a diploma, certificate, or degree in dental hygiene.
Dr. Black is operating his machine for the grinding of microscopic sections of teeth and bone in his laboratory in the Northwestern University Dental School.
Dr. Black , the second dean of the Northwestern University Dental School, with other faculty members including Thomas Gilmer and Frederick Noyes.
Al Lawrence Pastoret studied dentistry at the Northwestern University Dental School until 1918 during which time he served in the N.U. Unit at Base Hospital #12 in Chicago. The collection spans one box and includes various notebooks and other materials from A. L. Pastoret’s time in the Northwestern University Dental School.