Northwestern University Preparatory School
Evanston Academy, which closed in 1917, had a history that dates back to 1859, when the Preparatory Department of Northwestern University, or the Preparatory School, was opened. The creation of the department was proposed by the Faculty of the College of Liberal Arts and approved by the Trustees of the University in 1857. In the absence of many quality secondary schools in the Chicago area and Midwest, a preparatory department was felt essential in ensuring that Northwestern would receive students prepared to do college work.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Collection — Volume: 1
Abstract The Northwestern University Preparatory School Record of Standing records the academic and deportment scores for students for the 1879-1880 school year.