Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)
Found in 102 Collections and/or Records:
The collection consists of photographic prints, negatives and contact sheets depicting activities and events at Northwestern University between 1977 and 1983, taken by photographer Jackie Kalmes on behalf of the University.
This presentation album was prepared for Mrs. Nathaniel Leverone to acknowledge her late husband's gift to Northwestern University. Materials within the album span the dates August 15, 1968, to September, 1969.
The William Albert Locy Papers are arranged in five main categories in three boxes containing twenty-one folders and one bound volume. The categories are: biographical material; correspondence; reprints; lecture and miscellaneous notes; manuscripts.
Orrington Lunt was one of the founders of Northwestern University, served on its Board of Trustees, and subsidized the building of Lunt Library, now Lunt Hall. The Orrington Lunt Papers fill one and one-half boxes spanning the years 1865 to 1897, with scattered documents through 1988. Biographical and obituary/memorials files make up the bulk of the material, which also includes a small amount of correspondence, personal journals, and records broadly relating to Lunt’s life.
Most of the material in the collection is concerned with university business, and consequently sheds little light on MacChesney's private life or his military and civic activities. The collection's value lies primarily in its reflection of many of the varied activities undertaken by Northwestern's central administration during the university's emergence as a major American educational institution.
The records of Raymond W. Mack (Vice President and Dean of Faculties, and Provost, of Northwestern University) contain correspondence, proposals and reports, charts and statistics, and meetings of minutes. These materials span the years 1958 to 1986, chiefly covering Mack's term as Provost. Some materials with earlier dates are also included in this series; some of these are from the office of Payson Wild, who served as Provost before Mack, and others are Mack's own papers.
This collection consists of black and white photographic negatives taken by Evanston native and Northwestern University alumnus L. David Minsk, approximately from 1939 to 1942. The photographs include images of University Theatre and Children's Theatre productions, ancillary shots such as a Children's theatre audience, an acting class performance, a studio make-up room, and protraits made of several Northwestern students.
Photographs of Northwestern University related events and individuals made by Evanston's W. B. Nickerson Photo Company are arranged in five boxes. The photographs consist largely of black and white negatives along with a small number of color slides. The dates of these materials range from the 1940s to the 1970s.
Audio Cassettes Collection consists of 53 boxes of audio recordings dating from 1914-2008, by various creators and relating to various aspects of Northwestern University life and faculty and alumni careers.
The records of the Northwestern University Dames Club (open generally to the wives and mothers of Northwestern students, as well as to married women students enrolled in the University) fills one half-size box. They span the years from 1946-1975, with the majority of materials coming from the period 1966-1969. Materials include minutes, announcements, membership lists, correspondence, calendars, and booklets.
Collection contains posters relating to Northwestern University activities whose dates range roughly from 1900 to 2019 assembled by the University Archives. It is an expanding collection, with new items added as they come in.
The Northwestern University Archives' collection of audiotape recordings from the Reviewing Stand radio program dates from 1959 to 1985. The primary purpose of the Reviewing Stand was to broadcast thoughtful, stimulating discussions relating to politics, public policy, world affairs, and issues of national and local significance.
- Women college students 16
- College students 15
- Photographs 13
- Evanston (Ill.) 6
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 4
- Leases--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Military education 3
- Real property--Illinois--Evanston 3
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 3
- Chicago (Ill.) 2
- English language--Study and teaching 2
- Greek letter societies 2
- Periodicals 2
- Photography--Negatives 2
- Student movements 2
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Evanston 2
- Academic freedom--United States 1
- Actors 1
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American college students 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American student movements 1
- Air pilots, Military--Training of 1
- Anthropology--Study and teaching 1
- Anti-apartheid movements 1
- Art, Modern--Congresses 1
- Art--History--Study and teaching 1
- Art--Study and teaching 1
- Awards 1
- Biology--Study and teaching 1
- Boulders--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Campus planning 1
- Christian union--Congresses 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- Clergy 1
- College campuses--Design and construction 1
- College presidents 1
- College students--Housing 1
- College students--Social life and customs 1
- College students--Societies and clubs 1
- College teachers--Rating of 1
- College trustees 1
- Current events 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Disinvestment--South Africa 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--21st century 1
- Financial statements 1
- French language--Study and teaching--English speakers 1
- Geology--Study and teaching 1
- Graffiti--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Grosse Point Lighthouse (Ill.) 1
- Institutional cooperation--United States 1
- Investments, American--South Africa 1
- Lawyers 1
- Medical care--Research 1
- Methodist Church--Clergy 1
- Mexico 1
- Navies--Officers 1
- Radio addresses, debates, etc. 1
- Smoking--Public opinion 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Speech--Study and teaching 1
- Sports team mascots 1
- Temperance 1
- Track and field 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1939-1945 1
- United States--Politics and government--1969-1974 1
- University cooperation--United States 1
- University investments 1
- Urbanization--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements 1
- Web archives 1
- Web sites--Indexes 1
- Women--Societies and clubs 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Registers 1 + ∧ less