Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)
Found in 103 Collections and/or Records:
This series is comprised of cancelled leases on property owned by Northwestern University.
Eva Jefferson Paterson (1949- ), a graduate of Northwestern University's Weinberg College of Arts and Science class of 1971, is a civil rights attorney. Her collection spans the years 1970-2013 and contains biographical materials, correspondence, interviews, publications, and awards.
This series, filling one box, is comprised primarily of the records of the Society's corresponding secretary, Professor Alphonse Roche. The records span the years 1938-1956, with the bulk of the material between 1938 and 1952.
The Lawrence Pressman Papers contain 26 boxes encompassing biographic information from Pressman’s schooling at Northwestern University, scripts and related materials collected from his production binders (television, theatre, and film), reviews and publicity, and a selection of artifacts, including awards and a scrapbook of his college years.
Nancy Ellen (Rennick) Price was a member of the class of 1954 of Northwestern University's College of Liberal Arts. Her papers are contained in one archival box and span the years 1951 to 1954. There are nine folders containing schedules and class notes (scant) from some of Price's courses, including three courses in biology, and one folder each from courses in anthropology, American history, English, experimental psychology, genetics, and philosophy.
This series consists of the five Rent Books and one Rent Ledger that document Northwestern University's role as a major landlord in Evanston. The volumes cover the period from 1877 to 1915.
Northwestern University alumnus James (Jim) S. Roberts studied history and took photographs during a tumultuous time on and off the campus from 1969 to 1972. His photos (prints, color slides, and black-and-white negatives) include depictions of anti-war events such as the November 15, 1969 Moratorium march on Washington, D.C. and the May, 1970 strike at Northwestern University, as well as scenes from Cuernavaca, Mexico, and general student activities at Northwestern.
The series includes a scrapbook and a daily calendar. The scrapbook dates from the period 1909-1914 and features a variety of materials pertaining mainly to Robinson's social life and academic studies while a student at Northwestern. The daily calendar dates from 1910 and includes, for the most part, abbreviated accounts of Robinson's social engagements.
This collection includes documents, clippings, and artifacts relating to the history of The Rock (originally a drinking fountain), a landmark on Northwestern University's Evanston campus since 1902.
After attending the University of Washington for one year, Jean Summers Smith entered Northwestern University as a sophomore in 1929. A member of Gamma Phi Beta sorority, Smith graduated from Northwestern in 1932 with a B.A. degree in English. The Jean Summers Smith papers date between 1929 and 1932 and fill one box. The papers consist of course materials from Smith's studies at Northwestern.
This compilation documents student movements at Northwestern University between 1978 and 1986 which, in protest of apartheid in South Africa, called for Northwestern to divest from companies with economic ties to South Africa. The compliation consists of clippings, reports, flyers, and other documents from a variety of sources.
The Richard E. Steen Papers document the life of Northwestern University graduate, Richard “Dick” Enoch Steen (Class of 1938), primarily his travels through Europe after graduation. Richard Enoch “Dick” Steen was born in Chicago, Illinois on December 18, 1915.
The Kenneth and Catherine Stilwell Papers include material dating from the period 1935-1950, reflecting their time as students at Northwestern.
The series consists of 35-mm color negatives made by Northwestern University student photographers, from approximately 1993 to 1996. At least some of the student photographers whose work is included here were affiliated with the Northwestern annual, Syllabus.
- Women college students 16
- College students 15
- Photographs 13
- Evanston (Ill.) 6
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 4
- Leases--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Military education 3
- Real property--Illinois--Evanston 3
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 3
- Chicago (Ill.) 2
- English language--Study and teaching 2
- Greek letter societies 2
- Periodicals 2
- Photography--Negatives 2
- Student movements 2
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Evanston 2
- Academic freedom--United States 1
- Actors 1
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American college students 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American student movements 1
- Air pilots, Military--Training of 1
- Anthropology--Study and teaching 1
- Anti-apartheid movements 1
- Art, Modern--Congresses 1
- Art--History--Study and teaching 1
- Art--Study and teaching 1
- Awards 1
- Biology--Study and teaching 1
- Boulders--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Campus planning 1
- Christian union--Congresses 1
- Civil defense--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- Clergy 1
- College campuses--Design and construction 1
- College presidents 1
- College students--Housing 1
- College students--Social life and customs 1
- College students--Societies and clubs 1
- College teachers--Rating of 1
- College trustees 1
- Current events 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Disinvestment--South Africa 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--21st century 1
- Financial statements 1
- French language--Study and teaching--English speakers 1
- Geology--Study and teaching 1
- Graffiti--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Grosse Point Lighthouse (Ill.) 1
- Institutional cooperation--United States 1
- Investments, American--South Africa 1
- Lawyers 1
- Medical care--Research 1
- Methodist Church--Clergy 1
- Mexico 1
- Navies--Officers 1
- Radio addresses, debates, etc. 1
- Smoking--Public opinion 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Speech--Study and teaching 1
- Sports team mascots 1
- Temperance 1
- Track and field 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1939-1945 1
- United States--Politics and government--1969-1974 1
- University cooperation--United States 1
- University investments 1
- Urbanization--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements 1
- Web archives 1
- Web sites--Indexes 1
- Women--Societies and clubs 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Registers 1 + ∧ less