Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)
Found in 28 Collections and/or Records:
This collection includes documents, clippings, and artifacts relating to the history of The Rock (originally a drinking fountain), a landmark on Northwestern University's Evanston campus since 1902.
The Richard E. Steen Papers document the life of Northwestern University graduate, Richard “Dick” Enoch Steen (Class of 1938), primarily his travels through Europe after graduation. Richard Enoch “Dick” Steen was born in Chicago, Illinois on December 18, 1915.
The Kenneth and Catherine Stilwell Papers include material dating from the period 1935-1950, reflecting their time as students at Northwestern.
Arthur Josiah Weiss (1894-1984) was a student at Northwestern University’s Evanston Academy and began studies at Northwestern University before transferring to the University of California. The collection consists of Weiss’s “Memory and Fellowship Book,” a scrapbook documenting his Evanston Academy experiences and various activities dating between 1912 and 1914.
- Subject: College students X
- Women college students 16
- College students 15
- Photographs 4
- Actors 1
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American college students 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American student movements 1
- Boulders--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- College students--Housing 1
- College students--Social life and customs 1
- College students--Societies and clubs 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Graffiti--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Lawyers 1
- Student movements 1 + ∧ less