Alpha Epsilon Phi. Omicron Chapter (Northwestern University)
On April 2, 1921, Northwestern opened the Omicron chapter of Alpha Epsilon Phi, making Northwestern the first Midwest outpost of the sorority. Located at 720 Emerson Street, “AEPhi” made up the northwest corner of the sorority quads. The Omicron chapter supported many different charities during its existence, but early on it focused its philanthropic efforts on needy Jewish refugees and students, helping them adapt to American life and to university life, reflecting the sorority’s beginnings with seven Jewish women at Barnard in 1909.
The chapter closed in 1988, and the women’s music house Sigma Alpha Iota took over the building.