Transportation Center at Northwestern University
- Existence: 1954-1972~ - 1972
The Transportation Center at Northwestern University was established in 1954 by Northwestern University President J. Roscoe Miller to meet a growing need for a broad and imaginative program of transportation education and research at the university level. A joint undertaking of the Northwestern School of Commerce, the Technological Institute, and the Traffic Institute, the Transportation Center—the first of its kind in the nation—was expected to offer an expanded program of research to help solve major problems in the highway, rail, air, pipeline, and water divisions of the national transportation industry.
Its name was changed to the Northwestern University Transportation Center in 1972-1973.
(adapted from the Northwestern University Transportation Center website: https://www.transportation.northwestern.edu/about/center-history.html)
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
This collection of audio recordings documents eight seminar and lecture programs sponsored by the Northwestern University Transportation Center. These programs were tailored specifically to the needs of transportation and logistics professionals. Some miscellaneous recordings of other events promoted by the Transportation Center are also included. All recordings are in seven-inch open-reel format.