Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings
Found in 12 Collections and/or Records:
This collection of architectural drawings of Northwestern University buildings, dating between 1932 and 1965 contains elevations, floor plans, alternate drawings, and measurement & detail alterations. The drawings represent most of the buildings present on the Northwestern campus around the mid 1950s, including houses.
These records fill two and one-half boxes and span the years 1963 through 1972. Included are correspondence, reports, and other materials documenting the planning and construction of the O.T. Hogan Biological Sciences Building. Also included are proposals and correspondence relating to funding and grant support fox construction costs as well as correspondence between University representatives and the building's architects.
This series fills two boxes and dates from the period 1961, 1965-1968. The records include correspondence and related materials documenting the planning, fundraising, design and construction of Leverone Hall, moving to the Hall and remodeling.
This presentation album was prepared for Mrs. Nathaniel Leverone to acknowledge her late husband's gift to Northwestern University. Materials within the album span the dates August 15, 1968, to September, 1969.
The series consists of 35-mm color negatives made by Northwestern University student photographers, from approximately 1993 to 1996. At least some of the student photographers whose work is included here were affiliated with the Northwestern annual, Syllabus.
This series includes 30 rolls of negatives from photographs taken of the University Library. Most rolls total 36 exposures. The negatives, black and white and on Kodak Tri-X Pan film, are in 35mm format. The photographs, apparently taken during the early 1970s, are mainly of the interior of the University Library although some shots of Deering Library also are included.