Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students
Found in 120 Collections and/or Records:
This series consists of individual photographs of senior members of the class of 1981. The photographs appeared in the 1981 edition of the Northwestern Syllabus (Volume 97). The photographs are wallet-size, black and white portraits. They are mounted in composite fashion on several oversized cardboard layout sheets. Each layout sheet is identified with a number corresponding to a page number (224-285) of the Syllabus
Mayde Joss served as housemother for Northwestern's chapter of Phi Delta Theta, a fraternity located the campus of Northwestern University, from 1947 to 1973. The Mayde Joss collection consists of 33 small format black-and-white photographic prints and 13 35mm color slides. The photographs appear to date from the late 1940s or early 1950s, Joss’s early years as housemother for Phi Delta Theta fraternity.
Edith Sarah Moody Kenyon was a student at Northwestern University in the early 20th Century. She graduated in 1911 with a Bachelor of Arts. While a student at Northwestern, Kenyon was a member of Alpha Omicron Pi sorority. The Edith M. Kenyon Papers contain photos and memorabilia from her life, including her time at Northwestern. This collection is one box of materials that span from 1908 to 1911.
The papers of tennis star Alfred R. ("Al") Kuhn, Jr. (NU 1956), document the world of competitive tennis, played at a high level, during the 1940s-50s. Papers include biographical material, clippings, programs, and photographs.
The materials in the Paul Jacob Luker scrapbook date between 1909 and 1916 and document his social and academic life at Northwestern University and the University of Michigan. Included are many newspaper clippings, photographs, dance cards, printed materials, and other memorabilia.
The Center for Nursing general administrative records fill eight and one-half bones and span the years 1975-1988. The series is divided into four categories; committee files; budget records; general files: and student files.These records document the everyday administration and workings of The Center for Nursing between 1975-1988.
This collection consists of black and white photographic negatives taken by Evanston native and Northwestern University alumnus L. David Minsk, approximately from 1939 to 1942. The photographs include images of University Theatre and Children's Theatre productions, ancillary shots such as a Children's theatre audience, an acting class performance, a studio make-up room, and protraits made of several Northwestern students.
The Patricia Murphey Scrapbook provides a vivid snapshot of student life during WWII. The scrapbook, documenting Murphey's busy years at Northwestern, holds newspaper clippings, programs and announcements, and photographs.
Northwestern football star Thomas Welborn Myers was the starting quarterback for the Wildcats in the 1962 season under coach Ara Parseghian. He was named All-American and All-Time All American, and went on to play for the Detroit Lions. His papers include clippings, scrapbooks, photographs, and other materials documentiing Myers' football career.
The Josie B. Crandon Nash Papers consist of correspondence received by Nash (Northwestern University College of Liberal Arts, 1887), between 1888 and 1901, and illuminate the social life of a young college-educated, married woman at the turn of the century.
This scrapbook, containing mainly news clippings and photographs, was compiled by Nancy Ann Meyers Nemeth, wife of Edward Nemeth (left guard on Northwestern's football team), and documents Northwestern's winning participation in the 1949 Rose Bowl football game.
Collection consists of records of the Northwestern University Black Alumni Association (NUBAA), dating from circa 1968 to 2018, including approximately 1.6 linear feet (4 boxes) and 36.3 gigabytes of born-digital files of organization records, photographs, audiovisual recordings, and artifacts.
The Northwestern Men's and Women's Swimming and Diving Collection includes plaques, All-American certificates, programs, academic certificates, correspondence, photographs, record logs, and scrapbooks.
- College students 64
- Photographs 38
- Football players 12
- Women college students 12
- Football 11
- College students--Social life and customs 7
- African American college students 6
- Women college students--Social life and customs 5
- College students--Societies and clubs 4
- Student movements 4
- College students--Housing 3
- Dental students 3
- Greek letter societies 3
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 3
- African American college students--Societies and clubs 2
- African American student movements 2
- Baseball 2
- Baseball players 2
- Basketball 2
- Basketball players 2
- College students--Political activity 2
- Deans (Education) 2
- Dormitories--Administration 2
- Protest movements 2
- Swimmers 2
- Swimming 2
- Acting--Study and teaching 1
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American college athletes 1
- African American college teachers 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American photographers 1
- Asexual people 1
- Bisexual college students 1
- Civil rights demonstrations--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- College athletes 1
- College chaplains 1
- College students -- Recruiting 1
- College students--Attitudes 1
- College students--Conduct of life 1
- College students--Rating of 1
- College students--Religious life 1
- College students--Scholarships, fellowships, etc. 1
- College students--Social conditions 1
- Dance cards 1
- Dance marathons--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Divers 1
- Diving 1
- Educational evaluation--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Race relations 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social life and customs 1
- Food trucks--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Football coaches 1
- Football uniforms 1
- Gay college students 1
- Graduate students 1
- Greek letter societies--Finance 1
- Hispanic American college students 1
- History--Study and teaching 1
- Intelligence officers 1
- Intelligence officers--Recruiting 1
- Intersex people 1
- Lawyers 1
- Lesbian college students 1
- Nursing students 1
- Oral interpretation--Study and teaching 1
- Photography--Negatives 1
- Race relations 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Student aid--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Student strikes 1
- Students -- Civil rights 1
- Tennis 1
- Tennis players 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1
- Transgender college students 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Portraits 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975--Protest movements 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less