Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Societies, etc.
Found in 7 Collections and/or Records:
American Association of University Professors, Administrative Files of the Northwestern University Chapter
Abstract The files of the Northwestern chapter consist of eight boxes of material which span approximately forty years, beginning in 1916 and ending in 1960. These materials reflect the problems, questions and activities of the NU chapter; they outline the organization, operation and management of one segment of the AAUP in its attempt to address the problems of the educational profession at the chapter, regional and national levels.
Abstract On April 8, 1939 it was recommended that a standing committee be created to represent the several faculties and Senate before the Board. Further, it recommended that the committee be democratically elected from the four upper academic ranks of the faculty, that its first task would be to consider the revised statutes and that it should be called the General Faculty Committee. The General Faculty Committee was then authorized by the Senate "to consider any matters of general university policy on...
Abstract The Northwestern Community Council (NCC), an organization of students, faculty and staff, was founded in 1969 to address the extra-curricular life of Northwestern University students on the Evanston Campus. The records document the structure, organization, and activities of the NCC between 1968 and 2000.
Abstract This series includes the minute book of the Northwestern University Modern Language Club for the period October, 1938 through January, 1962, as well as a small amount of correspondence and relates materials. From its inception in 1909, the membership of the Modern Language Club was comprised of faculty from the departments of English, Classics, German, and Romance Languages. In 1948 the group began to admit graduate students and women members of academic departments. Club programs...
Abstract Organizing efforts leading to the founding of the Organization of Women Faculty began on the campus of Northwestern in 1969 with an ad-hoc committee of faculty and graduate women who studied the status of women at Northwestern University. The OWF was eventually established in February 1981 by a unanimous vote of more than thirty Northwestern University women faculty. The Records of the Organization of Women Faculty fill two boxes and span the years 1969-1992, with the bulk of material dating...
Abstract The University Club of Evanston was founded in 1904 to promote good fellowship among college men. The collection includes meeting announcements, correspondence, treasurers' files, invoices from local venders, and publications that provide a snapshot of Northwestern faculty and alumni life as well as the commercial life of Evanston.
Abstract The records contains the Minute Book of Northwestern Unviersity's University Union from its formation on November 5, 1900 through the 1915-16 program year. Entries cover both business and program meetings. The subject of each program is briefly described and the attendance estimated. There are numerous invitation cards and performance programs mounted in the Minute Book. This series also contains one folder of general correspondence composed primarily of thank you notes and invitation...