Black, G. V. (Greene Vardiman), 1836-1915
- Existence: 1836 - 1915
Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:
This digitized collection includes: manuscripts on general subjects; correspondence between G.V. Black and Dr. Frederick S. McKay on mottled teeth; photographs; correspondence and other memorabilia from the 1893 World Dental Congress held in conjunction with the 1893 World's Columbian Exposition in Chicago, Illinois.
An unidentified patient is surrounded by Dr. Black and other prominent dentists, including Dr. C.N. Johnson at the Institute of Dental Pedagogics meeting in 1912 in Chicago, Ill.
The Clinic was located in the former Tremont Hotel at the corner of Lake and Dearborn in the Chicago Loop.
Dr. Black is operating his machine for the grinding of microscopic sections of teeth and bone in his laboratory in the Northwestern University Dental School.
Dr. Black with giant models of teeth and oversized instruments. He used these for classroom demonstrations of cavity preparation.
Dr. Black , the second dean of the Northwestern University Dental School, with other faculty members including Thomas Gilmer and Frederick Noyes.
Dr. Black on vacation, Mackinac Island, Michigan.
The statue was created by Frederick Hibbard and dedicated in 1918. The larger than life seated figure was originally located in Lincoln Park, just east of the Chicago Historical Society building. This photograph was taken before the statue was relocated to its current site at the head of Astor Street on North Avenue in Lincoln Park.