Black, G. V. (Greene Vardiman), 1836-1915
- Existence: 1836-1915
Found in 8 Collections and/or Records:
Overview An unidentified patient is surrounded by Dr. Black and other prominent dentists, including Dr. C.N. Johnson at the Institute of Dental Pedagogics meeting in 1912 in Chicago, Ill.
Overview The Clinic was located in the former Tremont Hotel at the corner of Lake and Dearborn in the Chicago Loop.
Overview Dr. Black is operating his machine for the grinding of microscopic sections of teeth and bone in his laboratory in the Northwestern University Dental School.
Overview Dr. Black with giant models of teeth and oversized instruments. He used these for classroom demonstrations of cavity preparation.
Overview Dr. Black , the second dean of the Northwestern University Dental School, with other faculty members including Thomas Gilmer and Frederick Noyes.
Overview Dr. Black on vacation, Mackinac Island, Michigan.
Overview The statue was created by Frederick Hibbard and dedicated in 1918. The larger than life seated figure was originally located in Lincoln Park, just east of the Chicago Historical Society building. This photograph was taken before the statue was relocated to its current site at the head of Astor Street on North Avenue in Lincoln Park.
Scope and Contents The Northwestern University G.V. Black digitized collection contains 43 manuscripts, 100 letters and several photographs covering the period between 1867 and 1915. Some of the more important items in the collection are: correspondence between Dr. Black and Dr. Frederick S. McKay xlink:from the turn of the century that focus on mottled enamel of teeth and early hypotheses on water and fluoridation; correspondence, program announcements and other memorabilia xlink:from the World Dental Congress...