Henderson, Kenneth M.
For a history of the Kellogg Graduate School of Management consult The Evolution of Management Education: A History of the Northwestern University J. L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management 1908-1983, by Michael W. Sedlak and Harold F. Williamson, University of Illinois Press, 1983.
After the recommendation of the Business Advisory Council to phase out the Northwestern University School of Commerce's undergraduate degree program in 1965, Dean John Barr hired two administrative assistants. One administered academic affairs and the other was the school's chief financial officer. By 1972, when faculty-member Kenneth M. Henderson accepted the latter position it had expanded to include responsibility for admissions, corporate and public relations and alumni affairs. Henderson's fundraising campaigns were very successful; most notable were the ten million dollar Kellogg grant which led to changing the school's name from the Graduate School of Management to the Kellogg Graduate School of Management in 1980 and to the construction of the Allen Center. In discharging his responsibilities for admissions, Henderson helped to develop minority student fellowships and other means of student financial assistance. He retired in 1983.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Dean for Administrative Affairs, Kenneth M. Henderson
This series consists of records of the Office of Administrative Affairs of the Kellogg Graduate School of Management. It is arranged in seventeen categories including Advisory Council; Financial; Outgoing Correspondence; Programs; Admissions; Fund Raising; Allen Center; Financial Aid; Fellowships; Prospective Minority Fellowship Sponsors; Minority Funders; Affiliate Program; Affiliate Members; Conferences and Seminars; Placement; Alumni; and Planning.