Included in this series are an 1889 history of the Union College of Law and a volume entitled Record of the Proceedings of the Union College of Law of the University of Chicago and the Northwestern University and of the Proceedings Preliminary to the Founding Thereof.
The history, by James E. Babb, appeared in the August 1889 issue of The Green Bag under the title, "Union College of Law, Chicago." It describes the 1859 founding of the school as the Law Department of the former University of Chicago; its operation under the joint management of Chicago and Northwestern University, 1873-1886; and, after Chicago's closure, its exclusive affiliation with Northwestern. Babb's account covers major administrative developments, faculty appointments, and curricular offerings at the school.
The Record of the Proceedings is a holographic volume with entries dating between 1873 and 1885. The Record spells out the plan for union and joint operation of the school, notes faculty appointments, summarized school finances, and logs students' tuition payments. The Record also features a list of individuals or prospective students in correspondence with the school (pp. 150 - 188) and an undated roster of students (pp. 221-224).
Addition, Box 1
A small amount of administrative records, including correspondence and reports; publications; and other miscellaneous materials have been removed from the University Archives' general reference files and added to this series.
Addition, Boxes 1, Folder 8
Two publications notable for their rosters of Union College alumni have been added to this series at Box 1, Folder 8.