The Northwestern University Club of Portland, Oregon was founded at the time of President A.W. Harris' visit to the city on February 4, 1911. The founding officers were: President, Walter S. Asher (Arts '95); Vice President, Dr. Ernest A. Myers (Dent. '96); Secretary-Treasurer, Dr. Frank F. Casseday (Arts '77); Member, Executive Committee, Dr. Jessie Mc Gavin (Wom-Med).
This series consists of two parts: a record book; and a folder of clippings and correspondence.
The record book contains a signed copy of the letter from Walter S. Asher (Jan. 12, 1911) to all Northwestern University alumni and non-graduates in the Portland area inviting them to a preliminary meeting on January 18 and to the dinner for President Harris; clippings and other items and letters pertaining to the dinner; and clippings, correspondence, constitution and by-laws, programs, lists of members, handwritten reports of meetings, and financial records.
The folder contains clippings, memoirs of members, financial records, correspondence, and announcements.