- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 20 of 74
Abstract This series consists of one volume of Student Army Training Corps (S.A.T.C.) dcoumenting its accounts during its existence at Northwestern during/post World War I.
Abstract The Owen L. Coon Scrapbook began as a record of Coon's years at Northwestern University. Nearly half of the scrapbook does document Coon's college life between 1912 and 1919. However, the balance of the scrapbook is filled with clippings, photographs, and ephemera that precede and postdate Coon's Northwestern years—including items from Coon's youth in Rantoul and from his travels in Europe, as well as general Coon family photographs and memorabilia.
Abstract The contents of the clippings typically concern regular and significant University events such as commencement exercises and meetings of the Northwestern Board of Trustees. Other clippings relate to class day exercises, the activities and reports of University presidents and administrators, and the visits of prominent individuals to the Northwestern campus. Finally, there are accounts of the University's early history, descriptions of the campus and its buildings, and biographical sketches of...
Abstract The series consists of records of the publications of Northwestern University faculty members, from the University's founding until approximately 1976. The records are in the form of photocopies of catalog cards from the University Library.
Abstract This series consists of negatives taken by photographers for the Daily Northwestern, Northwestern University's student newspaper. Mostly in 35mm black and white format, they date to the period 1985-1991. Many of the negative sleeves feature a brief description of the subject or action depicted in the negatives and sometimes note the name of the Daily Northwestern photographer.
Abstract The photographs in this collection, 5x7" glass plate negatives, date from the early years of the twentieth century. Most are of the Northwestern University campus and its surrounding area including some photographs of individuals either affiliated with Northwestern or living in Evanston, Illinois.
Abstract The records of the Northwestern University Dames Club (open generally to the wives and mothers of Northwestern students, as well as to married women students enrolled in the University) fills one half-size box. They span the years from 1946-1975, with the majority of materials coming from the period 1966-1969. Materials include minutes, announcements, membership lists, correspondence, calendars, and booklets.
Abstract The Student War Council of Northwestern University was founded in the summer of 1941, and began its activities immediately following the outbreak of World War II. The records include the its constitution, the constitution of the Illinois Collegiate War Council, and minutes and committee reports of the Student War Council of Northwestern University (1941-1944).
Abstract The Northwestern University Archives’ collection of diplomas and certificates dates between 1861 and 1974 and numbers 157 items. The diplomas and certificates are nearly all in an oversize format. The items relate almost entirely to Northwestern University alumni and faculty although Northwestern is not the degree or certificate granting institution in many cases.
Abstract Photographs of Northwestern University related events and individuals made by Evanston's W. B. Nickerson Photo Company are arranged in five boxes. The photographs consist largely of black and white negatives along with a small number of color slides. The dates of these materials range from the 1940s to the 1970s.
Abstract These photographs of individual freshman members of the class of 1982, usually wallet-size portraits, appeared in the introductory booklet published by the Northwestern University Alumni Association for first-year students entering the University.
Abstract The Northwestern University Web Archives contains approximately 1.4 terabytes of born-digital files documenting Northwestern's web presence from 2011 to present of enduring historical and administrative, legal, or cultural significance. It includes captures of historic and current websites that have been hosted by Northwestern University and from sites that relate to Northwestern faculty, staff, student groups, and alumni. The Northwestern University Archives has selected these websites to...
Abstract This series of three boxes consists of photographs of most of the freshman class of 1987. These photographs, typically wallet-sized, were collected for and appeared in the booklet Northwestern University Alumni Association Welcomes the Class of 1987, published for the entering freshmen. Each print is identified on the reverse by the student's name and social security number and is attached to a sheet bearing the same information.
Collection — Object: 1
Abstract This presentation album was prepared for Mrs. Nathaniel Leverone to acknowledge her late husband's gift to Northwestern University. Materials within the album span the dates August 15, 1968, to September, 1969.
Abstract This series is comprised of cancelled leases on property owned by Northwestern University.
Abstract This collection of photographs received from The Daily Northwestern spans the years 1975 to 1996, with the bulk of the photographs falling between the late 1980s and 1994. The photographs reflect a wide range of subjects and styles, and were taken for many different purposes. The collection provides a broad overview of life at Northwestern University, under the broad categories of events, people, athletics, and general materials. The collection includes many...
Abstract This series consists of record cards documenting the World War I-era military service of Northwestern University alumni and some faculty. The card for an individual typically records name, Northwestern class (if applicable), dates of birth and admission to and withdrawal from school, name of parent or guardian, permanent address, war service (postings, promotions, combat duty), and military addresses.
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 10
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 6
- Daily Northwestern (Evanston, Ill.) 3
- Leases--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Real property--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Diaries 3
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 3
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Photographs 2
- English language--Study and teaching 2
- Greek letter societies 2
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Evanston 2
- Academic freedom--United States 1
- Actors 1
- Art, Modern--Congresses 1
- Art--History--Study and teaching 1
- Art--Study and teaching 1
- Awards 1
- Biology--Study and teaching 1
- Boulders--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Campus planning--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Christian union--Congresses 1
- College campuses--Illinois--Evanston--Design and construction 1
- College presidents--Illinois--Evanston 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 1
- College teachers--Rating of--Illinois 1
- College trustees 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--History 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Photographs 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--21st century 1
- Financial statements 1
- French language--Study and teaching--English speakers 1
- Geology--Study and teaching 1
- Graffiti--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Institutional cooperation--United States 1
- Medical care--Research 1
- Methodist Church--Clergy 1
- Newspapers--Illustrations 1
- Photography--Negatives 1
- Smoking--Public opinion 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Speech--Study and teaching 1
- Sports team mascots 1
- Temperance 1
- United States--Politics and government--1969-1974 1
- University cooperation--United States 1
- Urbanization--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Web archives 1
- Web sites--Indexes 1
- Women--Societies and clubs 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois 1 ∧ less