- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 20 of 32
Abstract This series consists of negatives taken by photographers for the Daily Northwestern, Northwestern University's student newspaper. Mostly in 35mm black and white format, they date to the period 1985-1991. Many of the negative sleeves feature a brief description of the subject or action depicted in the negatives and sometimes note the name of the Daily Northwestern photographer.
Abstract The photographs in this collection, 5x7" glass plate negatives, date from the early years of the twentieth century. Most are of the Northwestern University campus and its surrounding area including some photographs of individuals either affiliated with Northwestern or living in Evanston, Illinois.
Abstract This series comprises University Theatre production reports prepared by various production crew heads. The production reports for productions staged between 1934 and 1955 include such information as names of crew members, set and prop renderings, ground plans, reports of hours worked by student crew members and their grade evaluations. Reports without production numbers appended are interfiled chronologically within the series. These records correspond to the University Theatre Prompt Books...
Abstract The prompt books for theatrical productions of Northwestern University's School of Speech include scripts for University Theatre productions, annotated for use by the prompter, along with sketches of the staging and other notes. Bound prompt books include most of the productions from number 50 (1933) through number 320 (1957).
Abstract The records contains the Minute Book of Northwestern Unviersity's University Union from its formation on November 5, 1900 through the 1915-16 program year. Entries cover both business and program meetings. The subject of each program is briefly described and the attendance estimated. There are numerous invitation cards and performance programs mounted in the Minute Book. This series also contains one folder of general correspondence composed primarily of thank you notes and invitation...
Abstract This collection of photographs received from The Daily Northwestern spans the years 1975 to 1996, with the bulk of the photographs falling between the late 1980s and 1994. The photographs reflect a wide range of subjects and styles, and were taken for many different purposes. The collection provides a broad overview of life at Northwestern University, under the broad categories of events, people, athletics, and general materials. The collection includes many...
Overview The University Theatre Program collection consists of newspaper clippings, press releases, ticket stubs, flyers, schedules, and programs for productions by Northwestern University or at its Theatre and Interpretation Center.
Abstract The Daily Northwestern special editorial project entailed the solicitation and publication of a series of special articles written exclusively for the Daily by prominent Americans. The project was conceived during the summer of 1936 by the Daily's editorial board chairman Julian Behrstock. On July 8, 1936, Behrstock wrote a letter soliciting contributions to the series, "to one hundred prominent men and women all over America -- educators, writers, financiers, statesman -- asking each one for...
Overview The National High School Music Institute was one of seven divisions of Northwestern University’s National High School Institute. The Records of the National High School Music Institute comprise four boxes of photographs, publications, audio recordings and promotional materials.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Overview Collection contains posters relating to Northwestern University activities whose dates range roughly from 1900 to 2019 assembled by the University Archives. It is an expanding collection, with new items added as they come in.
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The materials in the Iva Grace Howard Glazebrook scrapbook date between 1917 and 1920 and document her social life at Northwestern University. Images in the scrapbook include postcards, candid photographs, and figures cut out from photographic prints. They focus mostly on Howard's social environment as well as the scenery on campus.
Abstract Laughtrack Comedy Group was an Evanston-based troupe, comprised of Northwestern alumni, that performed from 1979 to 1981. Their records include resumes, photographs, scripts, correspondence, newspaper clippings, press releases, contracts, and financial records.
Abstract Over 150 photographic prints (mostly 4x6 cabinet size, mounted on cardstock) taken by noted Evanston, Illinois, photographer Alexander Hesler, dating circa 1870-1887 and depicting Northwestern University faculty, students, and buildings. The collection includes 2 copies of the published volume Photographic Views of Picturesque Evanston (1887).
Abstract Methodist minister Clark Titus Hinman was elected the first President of Northwestern University in 1853, but died before the University opened in 1855. This artificial collection consists of biographical material and correspondence postdating his life; there is also one original sermon.
Abstract The records of the University Architect span the years 1926 to 1977. They incorporate a variety of materials, ranging from building space requirements and descriptions by University faculty members of their research and teaching space needs, to correspondence, minutes, and reports, contracts, specifications, proposals in response to bid requests, reports of on-site engineering tests (caissons, compression, et al.), and detailed records of expenses and payments. Not all these varieties of...
Abstract The University Club of Evanston was founded in 1904 to promote good fellowship among college men. The collection includes meeting announcements, correspondence, treasurers' files, invoices from local venders, and publications that provide a snapshot of Northwestern faculty and alumni life as well as the commercial life of Evanston.
Map of Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, compiled and drawn from latest records and actual surveys and published by Theodore Reese, civil engineer and surveyor, Evanston ; G.W. Terry, map colorer & mounter.
Collection — Oversize: 1
Abstract Wall map of Evanston, compiled, drawn, and published by Theodore Reese, circa 1876. 132 cm x 113 cm (44" x 50")
Abstract The Joe Miller Papers are contained in five boxes and span the years 1924-1979. The collection contains biographical information, materials relating to his early life in Ottumwa, Iowa, and two important events in his Northwestern career: the 25th Waa-Mu show in 1956, and Miller's retirement in 1975. Two scrapbooks complete the collection.
Abstract The records of the Children's Theatre of Evanston (Illinois) date from 1925 to 1986, with the bulk of the records falling between 1957 and 1986. The records are concerned with administration, education, fundraising, and production. They document the Theatre's changing relationships with Northwestern University and School District 65; the practice of Winifred Ward's drama education theory at public schools in Evanston; and Theatre performances between 1925 and 1986.
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 7
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Theatre 4
- Daily Northwestern (Evanston, Ill.) 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Societies, etc. 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Photographs 3
- Students Publishing Company (Northwestern University) 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 2
- Ahmad, Maher 1
- Behrstock, Julian, 1916-1997 1
- Brodfuehrer family 1
- Brodfuehrer, Oscar M., 1889-1962 1
- Children's Theatre of Evanston 1
- Citizens for 65 1
- Evanston College for Ladies 1
- Evanston School District 65 1
- Evanston School District 65--Elections 1
- Fadiman, Clifton, 1904-1999 1
- Farrell, James T. (James Thomas), 1904-1979 1
- First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Chicago 1
- Galati, Frank 1
- Glazebrook, Iva Grace, 1899-1988 1
- Goodman Theatre (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Hesler, Alexander, 1823-1895 1
- Hinman, Clark T. (Clark Titus), 1819-1854 1
- Hurst, Fannie, 1889-1968 1
- Ickes, Harold L. (Harold LeClair), 1874-1952 1
- Laughtrack (Comedy group) 1
- Lund, Eric R. (Eric Rudolph) 1
- Lund, Florence, -1989 1
- Lundin, Frederick, 1868-1947 1
- Mayo, Charles W. (Charles William), 1898-1968 1
- Merchant's Lithographing Company 1
- Miller, Joseph Willard, 1906-1979 1
- Morton, Lorraine H., 1918-2018 1
- National High School Music Institute 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae--Societies, etc. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Student strike, 1970 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). A & O Productions 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). General Faculty Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Communication--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Theatre and Interpretation Center 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Architect 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Waa-Mu Show 1
- Papangelis, Betty Ann, 1925- 1
- Practical Theatre Company 1
- Reese, Theodore 1
- Saroyan, William, 1908-1981 1
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company 1
- Terry, G. W. 1
- Theatre 65 1
- University Club of Evanston (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- University Union (Northwestern University) 1
- Ward, Donald B., 1919-1994 1
- Ward, Vera Bantz, 1922-2014 1
- Women's Educational Aid Association 1
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 1 ∧ less