- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 20 of 73
Abstract This series consists of one volume of Student Army Training Corps (S.A.T.C.) dcoumenting its accounts during its existence at Northwestern during/post World War I.
Abstract The Owen L. Coon Scrapbook began as a record of Coon's years at Northwestern University. Nearly half of the scrapbook does document Coon's college life between 1912 and 1919. However, the balance of the scrapbook is filled with clippings, photographs, and ephemera that precede and postdate Coon's Northwestern years—including items from Coon's youth in Rantoul and from his travels in Europe, as well as general Coon family photographs and memorabilia.
Abstract The photographs in this collection, 5x7" glass plate negatives, date from the early years of the twentieth century. Most are of the Northwestern University campus and its surrounding area including some photographs of individuals either affiliated with Northwestern or living in Evanston, Illinois.
Abstract The contents of the clippings typically concern regular and significant University events such as commencement exercises and meetings of the Northwestern Board of Trustees. Other clippings relate to class day exercises, the activities and reports of University presidents and administrators, and the visits of prominent individuals to the Northwestern campus. Finally, there are accounts of the University's early history, descriptions of the campus and its buildings, and biographical sketches of...
Abstract This series is comprised of negatives taken by photographers for the Daily Northwestern, Northwestern University's student newspaper. Mostly black and white, the negatives are in the 35mm format and date from the period 1985-1991. The negatives are housed in negative sleeves and, when dated, arranged in chronological order. Many of the negative sleeves feature a brief description of the subject or action depicted in the negatives and sometimes note the name of the ...
Abstract The series consists of records of the publications of Northwestern University faculty members, from the University's founding until approximately 1976. The records are in the form of photocopies of catalog cards from the University Library.
Abstract This series consists of record cards documenting the World War I-era military service of Northwestern University alumni and some faculty. The cards typically record for each individual many of the following categories of information: name, Northwestern class (if applicable), dates of birth and admission to and withdrawal from school, name of parent or guardian, permanent address, war service (postings, promotions, combat duty), and military addresses.
Abstract The Student War Council of Northwestern University was founded in the summer of 1941, and began its activities immediately following the outbreak of World War II. The records include the constitution of the Student War Council of Northwestern University, the constitution of the Illinois Collegiate War Council, and minutes and committee reports of the Student War Council of Northwestern University (1941-1944).
Abstract The University Archives holds photographs of individual freshman members of the class of 1982. The photographs, usually wallet-size portraits, appeared in the introductory booklet published by the Northwestern University Alumni Association for freshmen entering the University. The photographs are arranged in sequentially numbered envelopes and contained in one Hollinger box. Envelope numbers correspond to the numbers of pages on which the photographs appeared in the Alumni Association booklet....
Abstract This series fills one half-size box and, while spanning the years from 1946 to 1975, with the majority of materials coming from the period 1966-1969. Materials included minutes, announcements, membership lists, correspondence, calendars, and booklets.
Abstract The Northwestern University Archives’ collection of diplomas and certificates dates between 1861 and 1974 and numbers 157 items. The diplomas and certificates are nearly all in an oversize format. The items relate almost entirely to Northwestern University alumni and faculty although Northwestern is not the degree or certificate granting institution in many cases.
Abstract Photographs of Northwestern University related events and individuals made by Evanston's W. B. Nickerson Photo Company are arranged in five boxes. The photographs consist largely of black and white negatives along with a small number of color slides. The dates of these materials range from the 1940s to the 1970s.
Abstract The photographs from the Northwestern University student newspaper, the Daily Northwestern, date from 1975-1996 and depict a wide ranges of individuals, events, and general topics, organized by subject or by photographer's name.
Abstract The Northwestern University Web Archives contains approximately 1.4 terabytes of born-digital files documenting Northwestern's web presence from 2011 to present of enduring historical and administrative, legal, or cultural significance. It includes captures of historic and current websites that have been hosted by Northwestern University and from sites that relate to Northwestern faculty, staff, student groups, and alumni. The Northwestern University Archives has selected these websites to...
Abstract Nancy Ellen Rennick (Price) was a member of the College of Liberal Arts, Northwestern University, class of 1954. The papers are contained in one archival box and span the years 1951-1954. There are nine folders containing schedules and class notes (scant) from some of Price's courses, including three courses in biology, and one folder each from courses in anthropology, American history, English, experimental psychology, genetics, and philosophy.
Scope and Contents The collection contains two costumes worn to embody the Northwestern University mascot, Willie the Wildcat. The costumes date from the periods circa 1991-1995 and circa 1997-2000, were generally employed at Northwestern athletic events, and feature differences in detail reflecting changes over time to the designed appearance of the mascot. Each costume includes an oversized caricature wildcat head; an artificial fur suit worn over arms, legs, and torso; gloves; and footwear. The costume...
Abstract This series, filling one box, is comprised primarily of the records of the Society's corresponding secretary, Professor Alphonse Roche. The records span the years 1938-1956, with the bulk of the material between 1938 and 1952.
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) X
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 10
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 6
- Daily Northwestern (Evanston, Ill.) 3
- Leases--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Real property--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Diaries 3
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 3
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Photographs 2
- English language--Study and teaching 2
- Greek letter societies 2
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Evanston 2
- Academic freedom--United States 1
- Actors 1
- Art, Modern--Congresses 1
- Art--History--Study and teaching 1
- Art--Study and teaching 1
- Awards 1
- Biology--Study and teaching 1
- Boulders--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Campus planning--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Christian union--Congresses 1
- College campuses--Illinois--Evanston--Design and construction 1
- College presidents--Illinois--Evanston 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 1
- College teachers--Rating of--Illinois 1
- College trustees 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--History 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Photographs 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--21st century 1
- Financial statements 1
- French language--Study and teaching--English speakers 1
- Geology--Study and teaching 1
- Graffiti--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Institutional cooperation--United States 1
- Medical care--Research 1
- Methodist Church--Clergy 1
- Newspapers--Illustrations 1
- Photography--Negatives 1
- Smoking--Public opinion 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Speech--Study and teaching 1
- Sports team mascots 1
- Temperance 1
- University cooperation--United States 1
- Urbanization--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Web archives 1
- Web sites--Indexes 1
- Women--Societies and clubs 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois 1 ∧ less