- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Henry Wade Rogers was born October 10, 1853 in the small town of Holland Patent, New York. After serving as a law professor for 2 years and Dean of the Law School at the University of Michigan for 5 years, Rogers became President of Northwestern University in 1891. As President, Rogers instituted many changes that shaped the future of the University, including uniting all professional schools under the power of the Board of Trustees, pushing for co-education, and insisting on supporting...
Abstract The Oliver Marcy Papers comprise biographical materials; correspondence; copies of articles and addresses by Marcy; and materials relating to the Northwestern University Museum of Natural History. Marcy's correspondence concerns a variety of subjects, including his early career as a science teacher at Wilbraham Academy and at Amenia Seminary; his career as a faculty member and his two separate terms as Acting President of Northwestern; Northwestern's faculty and administration, campus life,...
Abstract The Records of the Associate General Counsel consists of fifty-five boxes relating to Martha P. Mandel's time at Northwestern University--first as Assistant General Counsel, and then as Associate General Counsel. The first twenty-four boxes are correspondence files, contianing Mandel's communications with faculty, law firms, and other universities concerning her work. The rest of the collection consists of subject files. Examples of folder topics are: Civil Rights, Patents, and Real...
Dates: 1969-1993; Other: Date acquired: 01/05/2009
Abstract Clarence Lester Ver Steeg initially joined Northwestern as a Professor of United States History in 1950 and served as Dean of The Graduate School from 1975 to 1986. Ver Steeg was most well known for teaching American history courses. Aside from his teaching responsibilities, he was instrumental in expanding graduate education programs. As chairman of the Northwestern Faculty Committee to Plan and Build the New University Library, Ver Steeg played a crucial role in the development, design,...
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration X
- College presidents 2
- Air pilots, Military 1
- Historians 1
- Law--Illinois 1
- Natural history--Study and teaching 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the President 2
- Mandel, Martha P., 1926-2007 1
- Marcy family 1
- Marcy, Elizabeth Eunice Smith, 1821-1911 1
- Marcy, Oliver, 1820-1899 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of History 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Natural History 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Graduate School 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Museum of Natural History 1
- Rogers, Henry Wade, 1853-1926 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1
- Ver Steeg, Clarence L. (Clarence Lester), 1922-2007 1
- Winchell, Alexander, 1824-1891 1 + ∧ less