- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 21 - 24 of 24
Abstract The Ada Campbell Rose Papers fill two boxes and span the years 1922-1977, with the bulk of the material dating from 1957 to 1975. The Papers are arranged in four categories: biographical materials, speeches and conferences, editorial work, and writings. The biographical materials, spanning the years 1922-1977, are comprised of general personal data (including her diploma, her will, and obituaries), 1922-1977; property records, 1957-1969; financial records, 1942-1975; materials relating to her...
Abstract Jack Nusan Porter received his doctorate in sociology from Northwestern University in 1971. His dissertation, "Student Protest, University Decision-Making, and the Technocratic Society: The Case of ROTC," was a study of student opposition to Northwestern's Reserve Officer Training Corps from 1968 to 1970. Porter's teaching and research interests included sociology, psychology, and Jewish studies. He was most active in the sociological study of Jewry, of genocide, and of the effects of the Nazi...
Abstract Lloyd Eugene Thaxton (1927-2008) was a popular television host and producer, with a career spanning nearly fifty years. His musical variety show, titled The Lloyd Thaxton Show, ran from 1961-1968, and featured many popular musical acts of the era. Thaxton was also executive producer of Fight Back! With David Horowitz, a consumer advocacy show that ran 1976-1992. The collection includes biographical materials, photographs,...
Collection — Multiple Containers
Abstract Howard William Kissel (1942-2012), a theatre critic and writer from Wisconsin, wrote for Women’s Wear Daily and a number of other publications. In 1986, he was appointed chief theatre critic for The New York Daily News, a position which he held for nearly 20 years. He also published over a half-dozen books, and wrote plays and musicals for most of his life. Materials in this collection include handwritten notes, drafts of...
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae X
- Dentists--Training of 2
- Educational fund raising--Illinois--Chicago 2
- Authors, American--20th century 1
- Class reunions--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Dentists 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Jews--United States--Social conditions--Study and teaching 1
- Journalism 1
- Journalists 1
- Lawyers 1
- Lawyers--Training of--United States 1
- Medicine--Specialties and specialists 1
- Music television--United States 1
- New York daily news 1
- Periodical editors 1
- Physicians--Training of 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Television producers and directors 1
- Television--Production and direction 1
- Theater critics 1
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Education and the war 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Education and the war 1 ∧ less