- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract Clarence Lester Ver Steeg initially joined Northwestern as a Professor of United States History in 1950 and served as Dean of The Graduate School from 1975 to 1986. Ver Steeg was most well known for teaching American history courses. Aside from his teaching responsibilities, he was instrumental in expanding graduate education programs. As chairman of the Northwestern Faculty Committee to Plan and Build the New University Library, Ver Steeg played a crucial role in the development, design, and...
Abstract James joined Northwestern University's faculty in 1897 as a professor of history, where he remained until retirement in 1935. James also served as the first Dean of the Graduate School at NU from 1917 – 1931. In addition to his teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels James engaged in historical investigation and writing, particularly about the revolutionary period and the Midwest. The James Alton James Papers are arranged in six main categories: biographical material; correspondence;...
- Air pilots, Military 1
- Education--Study and teaching 1
- Historians 1
- History--Study and teaching 1
- James, James Alton, 1864-1962 1
- Japan International Christian University 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1