- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract The Opal E. Hepler papers, arranged in four boxes, date between 1926 and 1967. They include small amounts of biographical material, materials relating to her graduate education, correspondence and teaching files. The bulk of the papers consist of drafts of and notes for various versions of her Manual of clinical laboratory methods. A few reprints of her articles are also included.
Abstract Olga M. Haring was a faculty member at Northwestern University from 1965 until she received emeritus status in 1987. In 1974 she received a dual appointment in the departments of medicine and of community health and preventive medicine. The Haring Papers fill nine boxes and span the period 1952-1984, with the major portion falling between 1965 and 1975. The papers are organized in three categories: teaching files, research files, and publications. The largest portion of the papers consists of...
Dates: 1952 - 1984; Other: Majority of material found within 1965 - 1975
Abstract William Kaye Beatty was educated at Harvard College and Columbia University. Beatty joined the faculty of Northwestern University in 1962 as professor of medical bibliography. He held the administrative appointment of medical librarian from 1962 to 1974. In 1974 he began teaching courses in the history of medicine and medical writing. Beatty is known for his work and writings in librarianship and the history of medicine. In the 1960s and 1970s he planned 17 medical library buildings. He was...
Abstract Clinton Lee Compere was a professor of orthopedic surgery at Northwestern's Medical School and, as a founding member of Northwestern's Rehabilitation Engineering Program (REP), nationally recognized as an authority on rehabilitation engineering. His main focus was the improvement of prosthetic devices for the physically handicapped. Compere participated actively in the development of the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) to one of the best rehabilitation hospitals in the country. The...
Dates: 1954-1991; Other: Date acquired: 06/02/2011
- Cardiology--Study and teaching 1
- Medical colleges--Faculty 1
- Medical librarians 1
- Medical records--Data processing 1
- Medical rehabilitation--Study and teaching 1
- Medicine--Study and teaching 1
- Orthopedic surgery--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Orthopedic surgery--Study and teaching 1 ∧ less
- Beatty, William K., 1926-2002 1
- Compere, Clinton L. (Clinton Lee), 1911-1991 1
- Haring, Olga Munk, 1917-2002 1
- Hepler, Opal E. (Opal Elsie), 1899-1993 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School. Library 1
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago 1 ∧ less