- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Frederick S. Stimson came to Northwestern University in 1954 as instructor in Romance Languages, attaining the rank of professor in 1967. Much of his research and writing dealt with Hispanic poetry in Latin America. The Frederick S. Stimson Papers occupy one and a half boxes and span the period 1953-1981, with most of the material falling between 1960 and 1974. The papers are arranged in two main categories (teaching files and publications), with one folder of biographical materials.
Dates: 1953 - 1981; Other: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1974
Abstract The J. Kenneth Leslie Papers fill thirteen boxes and span the period 1926-1985. They are arranged in six categories: education files, correspondence files, teaching files, administration files, research files, and publications. Four folders of biographical materials are included as well. A portion of the collection is in Spanish.
Abstract DeCoster taught Spanish at Northwestern University for 16 years. He was the author of 11 books and 35 scholarly articles. DeCoster's research focused on 19th century Spanish literature. The Cyrus C. DeCoster Papers fill one box and span the years 1948-1999. The material summarizes Professor DeCoster's academic work, and is divided into six subseries: biographical material, published articles, book reviews, reviews of books, “Pardo Bazán” drafts, and Juan Valera research material.
- Spanish language--Study and teaching--Foreign speakers 1
- Spanish poetry--History and criticism 1
- DeCoster, Cyrus Cole, 1914-1999 1
- Leslie, John Kenneth, 1907-1985 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Spanish 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Spanish and Portuguese 1
- Pardo Bazán, Emilia, condesa de, 1852-1921 1