- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract German poet and literary critic Hans Egon Holthusen taught German Language and Literature at Northwesern University from 1968-1981. His papers contain offprints, manuscripts, publications, and correspondence (copies), which Holthusen received from distinguished European authors, poets, and philosophers.
Abstract The von Molnár Papers fill eighteen boxes, spanning the years 1967 to 2002. The greater part of the papers relate to von Molnár's work in the German Department of Northwestern University including numerous student papers, course related materials and many handwritten research and lecture notes. The following seven subseries divide the papers: Biographical Materials, Correspondence, Teaching files, Committees, Research Notes, Student Work & Publications. Many of the items are in German.
Abstract Erich Heller was a scholar of German philosophy and literature. He joined Northwestern University's faculty in 1960, where he remained until his retirement in 1979. His papers fill thirteen boxes, and span the period 1932 to 1990. The major portion consists of correspondence, most of which is comprised of letters to Heller and much is in German. The other major section, publications, contains primarily drafts and reprints of articles, and book reviews by Heller and reviews of books authored by...
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of German X
- Authors, German 1
- German language--Study and teaching--Foreign speakers 1
- Philosophy, German 1
- Poets, German 1
- Romanticism--Germany--Study and teaching 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Heller, Erich, 1911-1990 1
- Holthusen, Hans Egon, 1913-1997 1
- Molnár, Géza von, 1932-2001 1