- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Frederick S. Stimson came to Northwestern University in 1954 as instructor in Romance Languages, attaining the rank of professor in 1967. Much of his research and writing dealt with Hispanic poetry in Latin America. The Frederick S. Stimson Papers occupy one and a half boxes and span the period 1953-1981, with most of the material falling between 1960 and 1974. The papers are arranged in two main categories (teaching files and publications), with one folder of biographical materials.
Dates: 1953 - 1981; Other: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1974
Abstract The J. Kenneth Leslie Papers fill thirteen boxes and span the period 1926-1985. They are arranged in six categories: education files, correspondence files, teaching files, administration files, research files, and publications. Four folders of biographical materials are included as well. A portion of the collection is in Spanish.
Abstract William Thomas Starr joined the romance languages department of Northwestern University in 1946 and remained here until his retirement in 1978. Starr took a particularly active role in the anti-Vietnam and related social movements during the 1960s. He was also active in the Modern Language Association and the American Association of Teachers of French. The William T. Starr Papers, comprising eight boxes, include biographical material, correspondence, social activism files, material relating to...
Abstract DeCoster taught Spanish at Northwestern University for 16 years. He was the author of 11 books and 35 scholarly articles. DeCoster's research focused on 19th century Spanish literature. The Cyrus C. DeCoster Papers fill one box and span the years 1948-1999. The material summarizes Professor DeCoster's academic work, and is divided into six subseries: biographical material, published articles, book reviews, reviews of books, “Pardo Bazán” drafts, and Juan Valera research material.
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Romance Languages X
- Spanish literature--Study and teaching 3
- French language--Study and teaching--English speakers 1
- Spanish language--Study and teaching--Foreign speakers 1
- Spanish poetry--History and criticism 1
- American Association of Teachers of French. Chicago/Northern Illinois Chapter 1
- DeCoster, Cyrus Cole, 1914-1999 1
- Leslie, John Kenneth, 1907-1985 1
- Modern Language Association of America 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Spanish 1