- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 20 of 34
Abstract The series incorporates theses written in fulfillment of requirements for the master of science degree in medical technology. The theses date between 1973 and 1980.
Abstract These records comprise course and grade transcripts for Medical School graduate, special, physical therapy, and laboratory technology students.
Abstract This series is comprised of hand-written cards recording individual students' grades on the several clinical rotations required in the program.
Abstract The records of the Northwestern University Medical School Curriculum Committee fill six boxes and span the years from 1939 through 1980. The records include letters of appointment of members to the committee, correspondence between members of the committee, proposed yearly schedules for Medical School classes, and reports of several subcommittees. An addition of 6 folders includes the files of a sub-committee charged with developing a catalog of elective courses for students in their last year...
Abstract The Council of Chairmen was composed of the various departmental chairs at the Medical School, in addition to the Dean of the School. The Council met monthly to discuss various issues of importance to the Medical School. Contained here are minutes of the Council's meetings (which make up the majority of the series), reports produced by other Northwestern University committees of interest to the Council, announcements of future meetings, and correspondence. These records date between 1971 and...
Abstract The Medical Council Records fill two boxes and date between 1914 to 1949, with the bulk of the records dating between 1943 and 1949, documenting the Medical School deanship of J. Roscoe Miller. Records consist primarily of notes and minutes of the meetings held within this time period.
Abstract The series consists of a run of annual reports issued by the Northwestern University Medical School, later the Feinberg School of Medicine. The reports are arranged chronologically in fifteen boxes and span the period from 1971/1972 through 2005/2006. There are several gaps in this run and reports from the following years are not included in the series: 1988/1989, 1989/1990, 1992/1993, 1993/1994, 1994/1995, 1996/1997, 1997/1998, 1998/1999, and 1999/2000. Individual reports cover academic rather...
Dates: 1971/1972 - 2005/2006
Scope and Contents This series is comprised of two volumes of transcripts documenting student coursework completed at the Northwestern University Medical School during the period 1967-1971. The bulk of the transcripts date from the years 1969-1971 and pertain to the senior and junior classes of 1973. Generally, the transcripts record the grades signifying honors, pass, and fail for coursework undertaken by each student during his or her first two years of study.In addition to grades, each transcript...
Dates: 1967 - 1971; Other: Majority of material found within 1969 - 1971
Abstract The records of the Medical Technology Program fill one box, and span the years 1964-1982. Included are Clinical Laboratory Rotation Attendance Reports, Checklists for Laboratory Rotation and Requests for Excused Absences. These materials were dated 1980-1981. Also included in the series are Order Forms for Medical Technology Pins (1970-1982) as well as Recommendations for Former Students in the Medical Technology Program (1964-1982).
Abstract These records consist of administrative subject files from the office of Northwestern University's Associate Dean of Graduate Medical Education. They document relations between the Office and participating hospitals, Medical School departments, and local and national medical agencies.
Abstract The Northwestern University Medical School Alumni Records consist of 3” x 5” index cards containing limited information about deceased Medical School alumni/alumnae, spanning the years 1860 to 1965. Records include those of graduates from the Northwestern University Woman’s Medical School (1892-1902).
Abstract This series of Medical School student records is divided into two subseries: recipients of the M.D. degree and students withdrawing from the Medical School prior to completing degree requirements. For the period 1903-1911, the records consist solely of transcript cards bearing the individual's student's name and age, address, and parents' names and a list of degrees awarded and course credits. For all other years, records may include: applications for admission to study, related correspondence,...
Abstract The photographs of George S. Duntley fill 8 boxes and cover the years from approximately 1899-1918. The collection consists of dry plate negatives and record Duntley’s years in Chicago and Evanston while he was attending Northwestern University Medical School. Also included are photographs taken in Bushnell, Illinois, his home town and surrounding areas.
Abstract The Opal E. Hepler papers, arranged in four boxes, date between 1926 and 1967. They include small amounts of biographical material, materials relating to her graduate education, correspondence and teaching files. The bulk of the papers consist of drafts of and notes for various versions of her Manual of clinical laboratory methods. A few reprints of her articles are also included.
Abstract The Northwestern University Medical School began as the medical department of Lind University in 1859. In 1915, the medical school became one of six schools nationwide to require a fifth-year internship to earn the M.D. degree. Although the movement toward more stringent requirements was controversial, in the long run, the changes served to enhance the medical school’s reputation. The records of the Office of the Registrar span the years 1894 to 1927. The bulk of the ADMINISTRATIVE RECORDS...
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School X
- Medical students 14
- Deans (Education) 5
- Medical education--Illinois--Chicago 4
- Physicians--Training of 3
- Medical colleges--Faculty 2
- Medicine--Study and teaching 2
- Cardiology--Study and teaching 1
- Gynecology--Study and teaching 1
- Internists 1
- Medical librarians 1
- Medical records--Data processing 1
- Medical rehabilitation--Study and teaching 1
- Medicine--Specialties and specialists 1
- Obstetrics--Study and teaching 1
- Orthopedic surgery--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Orthopedic surgery--Study and teaching 1
- Physicians 1
- School reports--Illinois--Evanston 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School--Students 14
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 2
- Beatty, William K., 1926-2002 1
- Bushnell (Ill.) 1
- Compere, Clinton L. (Clinton Lee), 1911-1991 1
- De Costa, Edwin J., 1906-1995 1
- Duntley, George Silas 1
- Eckenhoff, James E. 1
- Edwards, Arthur R. (Arthur Robin), 1867-1936 1
- Feinberg School of Medicine 1
- Haring, Olga Munk, 1917-2002 1
- Hepler, Opal E. (Opal Elsie), 1899-1993 1
- Miller, J. Roscoe (James Roscoe), 1905-1977 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Admission 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical Council 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School. Council of Chairmen 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School. Curriculum Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School. Library 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical Specialty Training Program 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the Associate Dean of Graduate Medical Education 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Pharmacy 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Woman's Medical School 1
- Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago 1
- Seifert, Martin H. (Martin Henry), 1902-1985 1
- Young, Richard H., 1905-1970 1 ∧ less