- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 2 of 2
Abstract The records of the Interpretation Division of the Speech Communication Association are contained in 6 boxes, spanning the years 1952-1986, with the bulk of the records falling between 1970-1986. The records consist of adminstrative files, convention and conference materials, materials related to the book Performance of Literature in Historical Perspectives (University Press of America, 1983), and the Division's publications.
Abstract Lilla Heston was a professor in the Interpretation Department of the School of Speech at Northwestern University. She was a prolific author, editor, and performer, focusing on drama and the interpretation of literature. She wrote numerous articles and reviews relating to literature and performance, edited textbooks on drama, and adapted, directed, and performed in scores of stage productions throughout her career. The Lilla Heston papers are arranged into the following subseries: biographical...
- Names: Speech Communication Association. Interpretation Division X
- Oral interpretation--Study and teaching 1
- Performing arts--Study and teaching 1
- Speech--Study and teaching 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1
- Heston, Lilla, 1927-1984 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Machan, Katharyn Howd, 1952- 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Interpretation 1