- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract A graduate of Northwestern University, Katharine Alvord returned to Northwestern as a drama teacher in 1894. The Katharine Alvord Papers, comprising one half-size box, span the years from 1880 through 1969 ; most materials date from the period 1880-1881. Included are biographical materials pertaining to Alvord and her close friend, Frederick W. Randolph; correspondence between the two in both holographic form and typescript copies; clippings of reviews and notices of performances relating to...
Abstract The Wallace Bacon Papers comprising 25 boxes are arranged in eight main subseries: biographical material, educational material, correspondence, Philippines trips, class material, research material, addresses, and writings. The Biographical material includes several curricula vitae, personal items relative to Bacon's education, career, and war service, and three short diaries. A partial list of Bacon's publications also is filed here. The Educational material consists primarily of notes from...
Abstract Teacher, critic, and parodist Walter B. Scott taught Dramatic Literature in Northwestern's School of Speech (now the School of Communication) from 1939-1976. His Papers document his life, teaching career, and writings. A highlight of the collection is Scott's engagement with a vibrant group of colleagues.
- Subject: Drama--Study and teaching X
- Oral interpretation--Study and teaching 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1
- Alvord, Katharine Louise, 1861-1963 1
- Bacon, Wallace A., 1914-2001 1
- DuVivier, David, 1911-1994 1
- Ellmann, Richard, 1918-1987 1
- Graff, Gerald 1
- Hayford, Harrison 1
- Heston, Charlton 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Communication 1
- Randolph, Frederick W., 1860-1882 1
- Scott, Elizabeth Franklin, 1906-2002 1
- Scott, W. B. (Walter Bernard), 1906-1980 1 ∧ less