- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 20 of 32
Abstract The photographs in this collection, 5x7" glass plate negatives, date from the early years of the twentieth century. Most are of the Northwestern University campus and its surrounding area including some photographs of individuals either affiliated with Northwestern or living in Evanston, Illinois.
Abstract This series is comprised of negatives taken by photographers for the Daily Northwestern, Northwestern University's student newspaper. Mostly black and white, the negatives are in the 35mm format and date from the period 1985-1991. The negatives are housed in negative sleeves and, when dated, arranged in chronological order. Many of the negative sleeves feature a brief description of the subject or action depicted in the negatives and sometimes note the name of the ...
Abstract The prompt books for theatrical productions of Northwestern University's School of Speech include scripts for University Theatre productions, annotated for use by the prompter, along with sketches of the staging and other notes. Bound prompt books include most of the productions from number 50 (1933) through number 320 (1957).
Abstract The photographs from the Northwestern University student newspaper, the Daily Northwestern, date from 1975-1996 and depict a wide ranges of individuals, events, and general topics, organized by subject or by photographer's name.
Abstract The records comprising this series consist of the Minute Book of the University Union from its formation on November 5, 1900 through the 1915-16 program year. Entries cover both business and program meetings. The subject of each program is briefly described and the attendance estimated. There are numerous invitation cards and performance programs mounted in the Minute Book. This series also contains one folder of general correspondence composed primarily of thank you notes and invitation...
Abstract The Daily Northwestern special editorial project entailed the solicitation and publication of a series of special articles written exclusively for the Daily by prominent Americans. The project was conceived during the summer of 1936 by the Daily's editorial board chairman Julian Behrstock. On July 8, 1936, Behrstock wrote a letter soliciting contributions to the series, "to one hundred prominent men and women all over America -- educators, writers, financiers, statesman -- asking each one for...
Abstract This series comprises University Theatre production reports prepared by various production crew heads. The production reports for productions staged between 1934 and 1955 include such information as names of crew members, set and prop renderings, ground plans, reports of hours worked by student crew members and their grade evaluations. They are arranged sequentially by major production number. Unfortunately, reports are missing for the following productions: #141, #144, #157, #159-162,...
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The materials in the Iva Grace Howard Glazebrook scrapbook date between 1917 and 1920 and document her social life at Northwestern University. Images in the scrapbook include postcards, candid photographs, and figures cut out from photographic prints. They focus mostly on Howard's social environment as well as the scenery on campus.
Overview The University Theatre Program collection consists of newspaper clippings, press releases, ticket stubs, flyers, schedules, and programs for productions by the University or at the Theatre and Interpretation Center.
Overview The National High School Music Institute was one of seven divisions of Northwestern University’s National High School Institute. The Records of the National High School Music Institute comprise 4 boxes of photographs, publications, audio recordings and promotional materials.
Collection — Multiple Containers
Overview Collection contains posters relating to Northwestern University activities whose dates range roughly from 1900 to 2019 assembled by the University Archives. It is an expanding collection, with new items added as they come in.
Abstract Laughtrack was an Evanston-based comedy group, comprised of Northwestern alumni, that performed from 1979-1981. The collection includes resumes, photographs, scripts, correspondence, newspaper clippings, press releases, contracts, and financial records.
Abstract The Joe Miller Papers contain five boxes and span the years 1924-1979. The collection contains biographical information, materials relating to his early life in Ottumwa, Iowa, and two important events in his Northwestern career: the 25th Waa-Mu show in 1956, and Miller's retirement in 1975. Two scrapbooks complete the collection.
Abstract Over 150 photographic prints (mostly 4x6 cabinet size, mounted on cardstock) taken by noted Evanston photographer Alexander Hesler, dating circa 1870-1887 and depicting Northwestern University faculty, students, and buildings. Includes 2 copies of published volume "Photographic Views of Picturesque Evanston" (1887).
Abstract Methodist minister Clark Titus Hinman was elected the first President of Northwestern University in 1853, but died before the University opened in 1855. This artificial collection consists of biographical material and correspondence postdating his life; there is also one original sermon.
Abstract These records which fill 27 boxes, including one half-box and one legal-size box, and date between 1926 and 1977 have been divided into two major subseries: Building Programs (Boxes 1-11) and Construction Operations (Boxes 12-27). The records have been arranged within each subseries alphabetically by the current name of the respective building or group of buildings to which they certain. A small amount of records that did not fit this arrangement is filed following Box 26.The...
Abstract The University Club of Evanston was founded in 1904 to promote good fellowship among college men. The collection includes meeting announcements, correspondence, treasurers' files, invoices from local venders, and publications that provide a snapshot of Northwestern faculty and alumni life as well as the commercial life of Evanston.
Abstract The Anti-Vietnam War Strike Materials Collection comprises a diverse assortment of documents and other materials relating to the University-wide strike that took place over a seven day period in May of 1970. The collection of newspaper clippings, press releases, flyers, and memos records the events of the strike and its aftermath through the summer and fall of 1970.
Map of Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, compiled and drawn from latest records and actual surveys and published by Theodore Reese, civil engineer and surveyor, Evanston ; G.W. Terry, map colorer & mounter.
Collection — Oversize: 1
Abstract Wall map of Evanston, compiled, drawn, and published by Theodore Reese, circa 1876. 132 cm x 113 cm (44" x 50")
- Subject: Evanston (Ill.) X
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 7
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Theatre 4
- Daily Northwestern (Evanston, Ill.) 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Societies, etc. 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Photographs 3
- Students Publishing Company (Northwestern University) 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 2
- Ahmad, Maher 1
- Behrstock, Julian, 1916-1997 1
- Brodfuehrer family 1
- Brodfuehrer, Oscar M., 1889-1962 1
- Children's Theatre of Evanston 1
- Citizens for 65 1
- Evanston College for Ladies 1
- Evanston School District 65 1
- Evanston School District 65--Elections 1
- Fadiman, Clifton, 1904-1999 1
- Farrell, James T. (James Thomas), 1904-1979 1
- First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Chicago 1
- Galati, Frank 1
- Glazebrook, Iva Grace, 1899-1988 1
- Goodman Theatre (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Hesler, Alexander, 1823-1895 1
- Hinman, Clark T. (Clark Titus), 1819-1854 1
- Hurst, Fannie, 1889-1968 1
- Ickes, Harold L. (Harold LeClair), 1874-1952 1
- Laughtrack (Comedy group) 1
- Lund, Eric R. (Eric Rudolph) 1
- Lund, Florence, -1989 1
- Lundin, Frederick, 1868-1947 1
- Mayo, Charles W. (Charles William), 1898-1968 1
- Merchant's Lithographing Company 1
- Miller, Joseph Willard, 1906-1979 1
- Morton, Lorraine H., 1918-2018 1
- National High School Music Institute 1
- Northwestern Anti-Vietnam War Strike 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae--Societies, etc. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Student strike, 1970 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). A & O Productions 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). General Faculty Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Communication--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Theatre and Interpretation Center 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Architect 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Waa-Mu Show 1
- Papangelis, Betty Ann, 1925- 1
- Practical Theatre Company 1
- Reese, Theodore 1
- Saroyan, William, 1908-1981 1
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company 1
- Terry, G. W. 1
- Theatre 65 1
- University Club of Evanston (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- University Union (Northwestern University) 1
- Ward, Donald B., 1919-1994 1
- Ward, Vera Bantz, 1922-2014 1
- Women's Educational Aid Association 1
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 1 ∧ less