- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 21 - 32 of 32
Map of Evanston, Cook County, Illinois, compiled and drawn from latest records and actual surveys and published by Theodore Reese, civil engineer and surveyor, Evanston ; G.W. Terry, map colorer & mounter.
Collection — Oversize: 1
Abstract Wall map of Evanston, compiled, drawn, and published by Theodore Reese, circa 1876. 132 cm x 113 cm (44" x 50")
Abstract Betty Ann Papangelis was a member of the Evanston (Illinois) Welfare Council and Evanston Community Foundation Board, a candidate for a seat on the District 65 School Board in the contentious 1970 election, and an alderman from Evanston's Eighth Ward (1975 to 1983). These papers pertain to the 1970 School Board election, and to a welfare relief commission in 1962; they correspond closely to materials in Northwestern University Archives Series 55/44, the Records of ...
Abstract The records of A&O Productions fill eight boxes, spanning the years 1970-1995. The bulk of the records consist of production records for the events organized during those years. A&O (Activities and Organizations) Productions is Northwestern University’s major student-run programming board. On the A&O website (March 14, 2003), the group defines itself as “a non-profit undergraduate student group at Northwestern University. …[The] mission is to enrich the lives of students, faculty...
Abstract The Frank Galati Papers fill 38 boxes and span the years 1948-2006; the bulk of the papers date between 1965 and 2005. The papers consist mostly of scripts and other notes from the plays he wrote, directed or in which he acted. Biographical files include personal information about Galati and his family. They also include resumes (Box 1, Folder 1), drafts of speeches he made (Box 1, Folder 6) and materials from awards he received and workshops he attended (Box 1, Folder 7).
Abstract On April 8, 1939 it was recommended that a standing committee be created to represent the several faculties and Senate before the Board. Further, it recommended that the committee be democratically elected from the four upper academic ranks of the faculty, that its first task would be to consider the revised statutes and that it should be called the General Faculty Committee. The General Faculty Committee was then authorized by the Senate "to consider any matters of general university policy on...
Abstract The Women’s Educational Aid Association (WEAA; organized in 1871 as the Educational Association) was founded by Evanston women to help promote the higher education of deserving students at the Evanston College for Ladies. The Women’s Educational Aid Association records document the activities and operation of the organization. The series fills twelve boxes, including one card file box and three drop front boxes, and spans the period 1871-2000. Records are arranged into nine categories:...
Overview American journalist Eric R. Lund was born to Swedish immigrants on November 1, 1925 in Chicago, Illinois. Lund attended Northwestern University 1942-1949 (B.S. in journalism). Lund worked primarily at the Evanston review and Chicago daily news. After the latter paper ceased publication, Lund undertook a number of research and editing projects. The Eric R. Lund papers cover Lund’s ancestry and life, including both his professional...
Overview Donald and Vera Ward were married graduates of Northwestern University with influential careers in the middle of the 20th century in Chicago-based radio, television, theatre, and the ministry. Donald’s successful and varied career spanned radio and television, Christian ministry, and higher education. Although her husband left the world of performing arts to become a Congregational pastor in 1959, the stage and screen remained Vera’s life’s work: she appeared in several acclaimed plays and...
Abstract After completing graduate studies at Northwestern University, Lorraine Hairston Morton was a teacher and principal in Evanston’s District #65. She served as the mayor of Evanston, Illinois from 1993 to 2009. Her Papers include six boxes of documents including speeches, correspondence, event programs, photographs, newspaper clippings, periodicals, and campaign information detailing her leadership. 15 boxes contain awards given to Morton for her service.
Abstract The Practical Theatre Company (PTC) was a Chicago-based theatre company founded by Northwestern University students and active throughout the 1980s. Its productions included new plays, satiric agitprop, rock and roll events, and a series of successful improvisational comedy revues. The PTC, whose motto was “Art is Good”, is notable for the fact that the entire cast of its 1982 improvisational comedy revue, “The Golden 50th Anniversary Jubilee” (Brad Hall, Seinfeld star Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Gary...
Abstract Maher Ahmad (B.A. 71, M.F.A. 74) is a highly successful production designer who has worked in theater, television, and film from Chicago to New York City to Hollywood. The Maher Ahmad Papers consist of material relating to his early life and general education, but primarily focuses on his work as a designer for the theater. The bulk of the collection is production design materials including set, lighting, and costume designs. Ahmad's teaching notes for the numerous theatre-related classes he...
Abstract The records detail many of the issues and events associated with Gregory Coffin’s superintendency of Evanston’s Community Consolidated School District 65 and the contentious 1970 School Board election that determined his tenure.
- Subject: Evanston (Ill.) X
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 7
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Theatre 4
- Daily Northwestern (Evanston, Ill.) 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Societies, etc. 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Photographs 3
- Students Publishing Company (Northwestern University) 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 2
- Ahmad, Maher 1
- Behrstock, Julian, 1916-1997 1
- Brodfuehrer family 1
- Brodfuehrer, Oscar M., 1889-1962 1
- Children's Theatre of Evanston 1
- Citizens for 65 1
- Evanston College for Ladies 1
- Evanston School District 65 1
- Evanston School District 65--Elections 1
- Fadiman, Clifton, 1904-1999 1
- Farrell, James T. (James Thomas), 1904-1979 1
- First Federal Savings and Loan Association of Chicago 1
- Galati, Frank 1
- Glazebrook, Iva Grace, 1899-1988 1
- Goodman Theatre (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Hesler, Alexander, 1823-1895 1
- Hinman, Clark T. (Clark Titus), 1819-1854 1
- Hurst, Fannie, 1889-1968 1
- Ickes, Harold L. (Harold LeClair), 1874-1952 1
- Laughtrack (Comedy group) 1
- Lund, Eric R. (Eric Rudolph) 1
- Lund, Florence, -1989 1
- Lundin, Frederick, 1868-1947 1
- Mayo, Charles W. (Charles William), 1898-1968 1
- Merchant's Lithographing Company 1
- Miller, Joseph Willard, 1906-1979 1
- Morton, Lorraine H., 1918-2018 1
- National High School Music Institute 1
- Northwestern Anti-Vietnam War Strike 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae--Societies, etc. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Student strike, 1970 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Photographs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). A & O Productions 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). General Faculty Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Communication--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Theatre and Interpretation Center 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Architect 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Waa-Mu Show 1
- Papangelis, Betty Ann, 1925- 1
- Practical Theatre Company 1
- Reese, Theodore 1
- Saroyan, William, 1908-1981 1
- Steppenwolf Theatre Company 1
- Terry, G. W. 1
- Theatre 65 1
- University Club of Evanston (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- University Union (Northwestern University) 1
- Ward, Donald B., 1919-1994 1
- Ward, Vera Bantz, 1922-2014 1
- Women's Educational Aid Association 1
- Wright, Frank Lloyd, 1867-1959 1 ∧ less