- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract This series, filling one box, is comprised primarily of the records of the Society's corresponding secretary, Professor Alphonse Roche. The records span the years 1938-1956, with the bulk of the material between 1938 and 1952.
Abstract This series, filling one box, is comprised of records relating to three courses offered by the French and Italian Department. The records span the years from 1956 to 1976, but are quite scattered. They cluster mainly within the period 1957-1961. The series includes work sheets, quizzes, mid-term examinations, alternate and make-up final exams and correspondence. The quizzes and exams consist of a mixture of master copies and graded copies.
Abstract Norman B. Spector was a professor of French at Northwestern University from 1968-1986. From 1968 to 1978, he served as chair of Northwestern's Department of French and Italian. The Norman B. Spector papers, filling eleven and one-half boxes, span the period 1956-1985 and include biographical materials; general and subject correspondence; materials concerning professional activities; drafts of lectures, published articles and reviews, and materials relating to translations; teaching files; and...
Abstract William Thomas Starr joined the romance languages department of Northwestern University in 1946 and remained here until his retirement in 1978. Starr took a particularly active role in the anti-Vietnam and related social movements during the 1960s. He was also active in the Modern Language Association and the American Association of Teachers of French. The William T. Starr Papers, comprising eight boxes, include biographical material, correspondence, social activism files, material relating to...
- Subject: French language--Study and teaching--English speakers X
- French language--Examinations, questions, etc. 1
- Greek letter societies 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of French and Italian 2
- American Association of Teachers of French. Chicago/Northern Illinois Chapter 1
- Modern Language Association of America 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1