- keyword(s): northwestern settlement
Showing Results: 1 - 20 of 40
Abstract The Northwestern University YWCA records document the activities and operation of the organization. The collection fills one archival box, one small and two large drop front boxes and spans the years 1901-1962, with the bulk of the records dating between 1940 and 1950. The records consist of a variety of formats of books and scrapbooks, falling into two categories: Histories and Records, and Scrapbooks. ...
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The materials in the Alice King Garrison scrapbook date between 1924 and 1929 and document her social and academic life at Northwestern University. Included are many newspaper clippings, photographs, dance cards, printed materials, and other memorabilia.
Abstract The Patricia Murphey Scrapbook provides a vivid snapshot of student life during WWII. The scrapbook, documenting Murphey's busy years at Northwestern, holds newspaper clippings, programs and announcements, and photographs.
Abstract Mortar Board was founded at Syracuse, New York, in 1918 as a national college honorary society for senior women. In 1921, members of Cap and Tassel, a senior women's honorary at Northwestern University, petitioned Mortar Board for a local chapter, which was granted. The records of the Northwestern chapter of Mortar Board fills two and one-half boxes and dates between 1922 and 1965. It consists of membership records maintained on index cards. Cards feature the names (sometimes both maiden and...
Abstract The records of the Women's Center fill three boxes, spanning the years 1986 to 1991, and consist of general administration files, correspondence, program files, applications for grants, and flyers. The administrative materials and correspondence span 1986 to 1990. The correspondence is general and specific. Grant proposals range from 1986 to 1989. The program files include the Campus Climate Project (CCP) and the Sexual Assault Education Program (SAEP). The CCP files, from 1986 to 1990,...
Abstract The series includes a scrapbook and a daily calendar. The scrapbook dates from the period 1909-1914 and features a variety of materials pertaining mainly to Robinson's social life and academic studies while a student at Northwestern. The daily calendar dates from 1910 and includes, for the most part, abbreviated accounts of Robinson's social engagements.
Abstract Sara Frances Bragdon graduated from Northwestern University, Phi Beta Kappa, with a bachelor of arts degree in 1908. Bragdon's chief academic interests centered on classical, French, and English Literature. Her papers are contained in one half-size box and date between 1898 and 1964. Included are biographical materials relating largely to Bragdon's study at Northwestern University and an elocution journal, 1898-1912, consisting of both handwritten and typescript copies of poetry and prose works...
Abstract This series, filling two boxes, spans the dates 1913 to 1998, with the bulk of the records dating between 1970 and 1985. Materials included cover organizational records, clippings, minutes, activity records, publications, and records related to Student Government.
Dates: 1913 - 1998; Other: Majority of material found within 1970 - 1985
Abstract Macha Lucile Vance received a diploma from Northwestern University's School of Oratory in 1903, and returned to the University in 1906 to pursue post-graduate study in the School of Oratory. Her papers papers fill one box and consist mainly of notebooks containing literary excerpts, other readings, and voice and gesture exercises for use in elocution and oratorical training. These notebooks, dating between 1901 and 1904, relate to Vance's studies at Northwestern as well as to her private speech...
Dates: 1901-1907, 1953, 1971, and undated
Abstract Schoolteacher Blanche Grigson Croxton attended Northwestern University from 1902 through 1906. The Blanche Grigson Croxton Papers comprise one half-size box containing one scrapbook. The scrapbook consists of thirty - six “boards,” mounted on both sides of which is Mrs. Croxton's history of her class, the class of 1906.
Abstract Marjorie May Cowan obtained a B.S. degree in Liberal Arts from Northwestern University in 1933. A member of Alpha Chi Omega sorority, she was active in campus activities and social affairs. Her papers are contained in one half-size box and date from 1929-1934, 1949, and 1984. The bulk of the papers consists of Cowan's diaries. During the years 1932 through 1934 she kept detailed accounts of her social and academic activities and interests.
Abstract Elisabeth and her sister, Litta (Zolitta), of Green Bay, Wisconsin, attended Northwestern University for one year. The diary is a 7-1/4″ x 4-1/2″ notebook containing one hundred lined pages. The diary starts with Elisabeth and Litta's departure for Chicago on September 17, 1903 and ends on April 26, 1904; the last entry is followed by the notation “Continued in Volume II.”
Abstract The Genieve L. Doering Student Handbook provides a unique and very personal view of student life at Northwestern in the early 20th century. Each year, Northwestern University students received a Student Handbook—a small (3 x 5) cloth-bound book, published by the campus University Christian Associations. The Handbooks comprised an introductory message from President Walter Dill Scott, information regarding Northwestern's campus, history, and organizations, as well as a substantial quantity of...
Abstract The materials in the Helen Paddock scrapbook date between 1910 and 1915 and document her social, academic, and family life at Northwestern University. Included are photographs, newspaper clippings, dance cards, and other memorabilia.
Dates: 1910-1915; Agreement Received: 2000-07-25
Abstract Nancy Ellen (Rennick) Price was a member of the class of 1954 of Northwestern University's College of Liberal Arts. Her papers are contained in one archival box and span the years 1951 to 1954. There are nine folders containing schedules and class notes (scant) from some of Price's courses, including three courses in biology, and one folder each from courses in anthropology, American history, English, experimental psychology, genetics, and philosophy.
Abstract Edith Capper Eustice (1877-1953) was a member of the Northwestern class of 1903, attending under the name Edith Capper. The collection consists of a facsimile copy of Eustice’s scrapbook, dating from the period circa 1903-1910.
Dates: circa 1903-1910
Abstract The Omicron (Northwestern University) chapter of Alpha Epsilon Phi opened on April 2, 1921, the first Midwest outpost of the sorority. This collection consists of three and one-half boxes and five oversized scrapbooks containing mainly photographs, but also including clippings, ephemera, and some correspondence pertaining to the Alpha Epsilon Phi sorority. These materials span the years from 1929 to 1968 but are scattered and mainly represent the chapter's membership, house activities, and...
Item — Box: 1
Scope and Contents The scrapbook of Florence Emerson Herbert Heffley affords a colorful view of student life, particularly the social and cultural activities of a very engaged student at Northwestern University during the period 1909-1911. Two additional pieces of correspondence found within the scrapbook date from 1924 and 1949. Included in the scrapbook are an array of sorority rush memorabilia; dance cards; banquet menus; ephemera; photographs; newspaper clippings and other records pertaining to...
Dates: 1909-1911, 1924, 1949
- Subject: Women college students--Illinois--Evanston X
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 30
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 13
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 6
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 5
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 2
- College students--Social life and customs 2
- Greek letter societies 2
- Acting--Study and teaching 1
- African American civil rights workers 1
- African American college students 1
- African American lawyers 1
- African American student movements 1
- Chicago (Ill.) 1
- Civil rights workers 1
- College student government--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Lawyers 1
- Student aid 1
- Student movements 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Women college students--Religious life 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 16
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 12
- Alpha Epsilon Phi. Omicron Chapter (Northwestern University) 1
- Boyd, Elisabeth Blossom 1
- Bragdon, Sara Frances, 1886-1957 1
- Buettner, Virginia, 1917-2004 1
- Cooke, Edith Whitcomb, 1888-1975 1
- Croxton, Blanche Grigson, 1883-1969 1
- Dickhaut, Florence Lillian Smith, 1887-1972 1
- Doering, Genieve Linda, 1904-1979 1
- Eustice, Edith Capper, 1877-1953 1
- Evanston College for Ladies 1
- Foster, Leila Merrell 1
- Garrison, Alice King, 1906-2002 1
- Geisler, Marjorie Cowan, 1911-2012 1
- Gilbert, Barry, 1876-1961 1
- Gilbert, Mary Ramage Peterson, 1876-1954 1
- Girton, Daisy Myrtle, 1880-1963 1
- Godeman, Ardis Kuhnen, 1929-2017 1
- Grannis, Macha Vance, 1882-1970 1
- Grubb, Ethel Robinson, 1890-1975 1
- Hawley, Lillian Emeline, 1887-1970 1
- Heffley, Florence Emerson, 1889-1977 1
- Hobart, Elizabeth, 1891-1980 1
- Hurrey, Charles DuBois, 1878-1958 1
- Kahan, Susan, 1946- 1
- Krause, Alvina, -1981 1
- Mason, Claudine V., 1899-1993 1
- Mortar Board (Society). Northwestern University Chapter 1
- Nash, Josie C., 1864-1949 1
- National High School Institute--Students 1
- North-Western Female College 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Alumni and alumnae 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students--Societies and clubs 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Panhellenic Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Center 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Women's Self-Government Association 1
- Paddock, Helen Abigail, 1892-1965 1
- Paterson, Eva 1
- Price, Nancy Ellen Rennick 1
- Rachwalski, Michael M. (Michael Matthew), 1901-1987 1
- Rostker, Patricia Murphey, 1921-2011 1
- Sternfeld, Edith A. (Edith Alice), 1898-1990 1
- Stilwell, Catherine A., 1915-2009 1
- Stilwell, Kenneth R., 1912-2003 1
- Strachan Scriver, Mary, 1939- 1
- Teeple, A. V. 1
- Van Zelst, Louann 1
- Walkup, Carrie M. 1
- Whitney, Myrtle Viola 1
- Woman's College of Northwestern University 1
- Young Women's Christian Association (Northwestern University Chapter) 1 ∧ less