Skip to main content

Volume 1

 Container

Contains 1 Result:

Real Estate Sales Record, 1986

 File — Volume: 1
Identifier: Volume 1
Scope and Contents From the Collection: Northwestern University was founded on a basis of real estate acquisitions. In 1853 the Trustees of Northwestern purchased the 379 acre John H. Foster farm. In the next twelve years the Billings, Robinson, and Snyder farms were purchased and Orrington Lunt donated a parcel. These lands, along with some private holdings, became the village of Evanston, as well as the site of Northwestern University.The fledgling University found itself in need of funds to build and operate a campus....
Dates: 1986