Correspondence S, 1926 - 1955
Scope and Contents
The Cuneo Studio archival collection is comprised of four boxes and spans the years 1751-2014. The collection was donated to Northwestern University Library in 1977, after the closure of the Cuneo Fine Binding Studio. The records were generated by the Cuneo Fine Binding Studio, which was established in 1926 by the Cuneo Press, Inc. The archival material in this collection primarily consists of Cuneo Studio correspondence between 1926 and 1959, photographs, articles, brochures, advertisements, a binders’ hand tool catalogue, and a work order register for Cuneo Studio clients between 1970 and 1976.
The Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections also acquired a great number of binding and printing artifacts. Among these artifacts are hand moulds, wood and iron nipping presses, fine paper and parchment, and a working replica of the Gutenberg printing press used by the Cuneo History of Printing exhibit at 1940 New York World’s Fair. A survey of this portion of the Cuneo gift can be found in box 4 of the MS 55. Some of the items indexed in the gift survey include 914 bookbinding finishing tools, 62 job cases, 52 die cut punches and 70 books.
- 1926 - 1955
- From the Collection: Cuneo Fine Binding Studio (Chicago, Ill.) (Organization)
From the Collection: 4.00 Boxes
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Part of the Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections Repository
Deering Library, Level 3
1970 Campus Drive
Evanston IL 60208-2300 US