California Pro In-line Skates advertising brochure, 1991
Scope and Contents
The Jim McWilliams Archive, filling 9 boxes and one oversize folder and containing approximately 7.57 gigabytes of born-digital files, spans the years 1960-2015 and is arranged in five series:
1. Correspondence, Photographs, and Clippings, contains correspondence with and photographs of a number of McWilliams’ professional and personal acquaintances, including the artist Claire Van Vliet, arts patron Audrey Sabol, writer/filmmaker Joan Kron, former Dean of the Hartford Art School Bernard Hanson, McWilliams’ former student Julianna Kovach Zingale, and artist Joan Jeanrenaud (performing "Ice Music," a piece composed by McWilliams for Charlotte Moorman). Also included are photographs of McWilliams and his longtime partner Ernesto Herrera. This series includes greeting and holiday cards designed and made by McWilliams.
2. Design Work is arranged in several subseries, according to the client for whom the work was done: Hoosuck Arts Guild, Bad Boy Apparel, Exhibition Postcards and Catalogs, and Other Design Work by Jim McWilliams. The latter includes a variety of items, such as McWilliams’ business card and printouts of his work, as well as corporate annual reports, and stationery and letterhead design.
3. Audiovisual Media includes cassettes, VHS tapes, photographic negatives, and slides.
4. Digital Media includes formats such as Jaz disks and CD-ROMs.
5. Born-Digital Materials includes files from McWilliams’ computer, and an audio recording of an interview of McWilliams conducted by Scott Krafft, Curator of the Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections.
- From the Collection: McWilliams, Jim, 1937- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
There are no restrictions on use of the materials in the department for research; all patrons must comply with federal copyright regulations. Born-digital materials in Series 5 are available for reading room use only, and their consultation requires advance notice.
From the Collection: 9 Boxes
From the Collection: 7.57 Gigabytes (Data extracted from one (1) external hard drive)
From the Collection: 1 folder
Language of Materials
Part of the Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections Repository
Deering Library, Level 3
1970 Campus Drive
Evanston IL 60208-2300 US