G.V. Black statue in Lincoln Park, Chicago, Illinois, 1935
No requestable containers
Scope and Contents
The Northwestern University G.V. Black digitized collection contains 43 manuscripts, 100 letters and several photographs covering the period between 1867 and 1915. Some of the more important items in the collection are: correspondence between Dr. Black and Dr. Frederick S. McKay from the turn of the century that focus on mottled enamel of teeth and early hypotheses on water and fluoridation; correspondence, program announcements and other memorabilia from the World Dental Congress held in conjunction with the World's Columbian Exposition in 1893; a manuscript on zoo chemistry.
- Hibbard, Frederick Cleveland, 1881-1950 (Sculptor, Person)
Onsite access to the collection is open to researchers during posted library hours without restriction. For the digitized items in this collection, Public Domain Mark 1.0 applies, as they have been identified as being free of known restrictions under copyright law, including all related and neighboring rights.
From the Collection: 6 Boxes
Language of Materials
The statue was created by Frederick Hibbard and dedicated in 1918. The larger than life seated figure was originally located in Lincoln Park, just east of the Chicago Historical Society building. This photograph was taken before the statue was relocated to its current site at the head of Astor Street on North Avenue in Lincoln Park.
Part of the Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center Repository
320 E. Superior Ave.
Chicago IL 60611-3008 US