[Operating room and laboratory candid footage], circa 1929
Scope and Contents
Warning: this film includes non-graphic footage of research animals and graphic surgical content on a person.
A silent, black and white film featuring several surgeons, including Andrew C. Ivy, MD, in an operating theater. There are no intertitle cards to provide information. Type of operation is unclear and the patient's face is covered. Footage is out of focus at times. End of film may be in a medical classroom or lab, possible students seen standing around with research animals.
- circa 1929
- From the Collection: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Committee on Visual Medical Education (Organization)
- From the Collection: Ivy, A. C. (Andrew Conway), 1893-1978 (Person)
- From the Collection: LaRue, Mervin W., 1892-1973 (Person)
- From the Collection: Petrolagar Laboratories (Organization)
- From the Collection: De Lee, Joseph B. (Joseph Bolivar), 1869-1942 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Restrictions on use.
1 Reels : 04:00 minutes, black & white, silent ; 16mm, 100 ft.
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
See accession record 2020-18-119.
Item moved to Physiology series because Andrew Ivy's work is the subject of the film. Date determined by similarities to footage of Ivy's work in the Northwestern Marches On film, especially because the woman in the middle of the top row of the audience in this film is the same woman that appears in Ivy's lab in Northwestern Marches On.
Part of the Galter Health Sciences Library & Learning Center Repository
320 E. Superior Ave.
Chicago IL 60611-3008 US