Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Friedrich Ernst Auhagen Collection
Charleston County, South Carolina Records
The Carolina settlement of Charles Town, named in honor of King Charles II of England, was established after English settlers arrived in 1670; it was renamed Charleston in 1783. From 1720 until 1773 South Carolina was under English jurisdiction as a Crown Colony. This collection consists of twenty volumes of bound carbon copy transcriptions of records from Charleston County, South Carolina kept between 1719 and 1763.
Chicago Commission on Women's Affairs
The Chicago, Illinois City Council established the Mayor’s Advisory Commission on Women’s Affairs in 1984. This archive includes materials from the Chicago Commission on Women’s Affairs, including the Commission’s mission, procedures, minutes, first year accomplishments, and report to the Mayor for 1984.
Chicago Theaters Scrapbooks
This collection on Chicago area theatres consists primarily of three scrapbooks filled with clippings, programs, reviews, and publicity generated for the theatre seasons between 1908 and 1915.
Avrom M. Landy Collection
Rare Book and Manuscript Dealer Catalogs Collection
The Rare Book and Manuscript Dealer Catalog Collection was assembled primarily by curatorial staff in the Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections. These catalogs make up a body of materials initially used for collection development purposes and then retained for further research.
Slavery, Enslaved Persons, and Free Blacks in the Americas Collection
Materials in this collection of 45 documents pertain to the institution of slavery in the Americas. The documents include correspondence on the slave trade, assignments on chain gangs, bills of sale, manumission papers, and wills and bequests. They also include letters providing character references for free Black people, reports on a school in an African American religious community in Baltimore, Maryland, and an indenture agreement between a printer and an apprentice.
Spanish Civil War Collection
This collection of photographs depicts the history and effects of the Spanish Civil War.
- Names: Charles Deering McCormick Library of Special Collections X
- Chicago (Ill.) 2
- African Americans 1
- Communism--United States 1
- Communists--United States 1
- Enslaved persons 1
- Fascism--United States 1
- Freed persons 1
- Germans--Political activity--United States 1
- Rare books--Catalogs 1
- Slavery--Haiti 1
- Slavery--United States 1
- Slavery--West Indies 1
- South Carolina--Politics and government--To 1775 1
- Spain--Politics and government--1931-1939 1
- Spain--Social life and customs--20th century 1
- Theater 1
- War casualties 1
- Women 1
- Women--Legal status, laws, etc.--Illinois--Chicago 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Spain 1 + ∧ less
- French 1
- Auhagen, Friedrich Ernst 1
- Charleston (S.C.)--History--Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775 1
- Charleston County (S.C.) 1
- Chicago (Ill.). Mayor's Advisory Commission on Women's Affairs 1
- Communist Party of America 1
- Landy, A., 1904-1992 1
- Landy, Goldie Hanon, 1903-1976 1 + ∧ less