Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Identifier: MS62 MS86
Abstract The McCormick Library has several collections that contain correspondence, diaries, and other materials related to the Civil War era. Some materials describe the experiences of soldiers during the war, or who served in the territories; others document the “home front” trials and anxieties, and some provide reflections or analysis after the war.
Abstract Joseph Bartlett Dorr (1825-1865), left the management of the Dubuque Herald to recruit soldiers for the 12 th Regiment of the Iowa Volunteers in 1861.The Dorr Collection consists of manuscripts, documents, journal entries, and family correspondence written between 1837 and 1902.
Dates: 1837 - 1902; Other: Majority of material found within 1861 - 1865
- Names: Dorr, J. B. (Joseph Bartlett), 1825-1865 X
- United States--Armed Forces 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Prisoners and prisons 1
- United States--Politics and government--1861-1865 1
- Bilbie, Henry G., 1838-1920 1
- Cutler, Julia Perkins, 1814-1904 1
- Dorr family 1
- Graves, Abraham D., 1826-1907 1
- King, Sherwin Warren, 1839-1863 1