Showing Collections: 61 - 73 of 73
Abstract This series is comprised of cancelled leases on property owned by Northwestern University.
Abstract The University Circle was established in 1915 to "promote fellowship and to advance the interests of Northwestern University" among woman who held, or whose spouse held, an official connection with the University. Records include minutes; annual reports; President's files; officers' records and reports; committee materials; special interest group materials; financial records; publicity materials; and membership cards.
Abstract The Records of Northwestern University Librarian Jens Nyholm fill 32 boxes and document Nyholm's tenure as University Librarian from 1944-1968, including: correspondence, monthly and annual reports, employment applications, invoices, catalogs, surveys, and questionnaires. The bulk of the records consist of inter-university correspondence providing insight into the workings of the library during a period of expansion and transition. For Nyholm's personal papers, see Series 9/4/1.
Scope and Contents Addition, Box 19 The Addition, which fills one box, comprises 13 folders of general flies and correspondence of University Provost Payson S. Wild, which date from 1949 through 1974. Included as well are nine folders concerning Northwestern University: A History 1850-1975, co-authored by Wild with Harold F. Williamson (1976). These Latter files, all of which date from 1974, include notes and files used by Wild in preparation of the book and four folders of copies of manuscripts of the text....
Abstract The Macha L. Vance papers fill one box and are comprised mainly of notebooks containing literary excerpts, other readings, and voice and gesture exercises for use in elocution and oratorical training. These notebooks, dating between 1901 and 1904, relate to Vance's studies at Northwestern as well as to her private speech and elocution lessons.
Abstract This series consists of one volume of Student Army Training Corps (S.A.T.C.) dcoumenting its accounts during its existence at Northwestern during/post World War I.
Abstract Geologist E.H. Timothy Whitten's research interests included the origin and variability of granite as well as analysis of geological materials.The E.H. Timothy Whitten Papers, comprising two boxes, span the years from 1956 to 1981. The papers, including biographical materials, general correspondence, and course, research projects, and publications files, are scattered and provide only thin documentation of Whitten's personal life and academic career. Whitten's research projects files comprise...
Abstract The Frances E. Willard papers are arranged in one half-size box and date between 1871 and 1978. Biographical materials, correspondence, materials related to a proposed marble statue, and a temperance pamphlet and petition are included.
Overview This collection contains two costumes worn to embody the Northwestern University mascot, Willie the Wildcat. The costumes date from circa 1991-1995 and circa 1997-2000, and were generally employed at Northwestern athletic events. Each costume includes an oversized caricature wildcat head; an artificial fur suit worn over arms, legs, and torso; gloves; and footwear. The collection also includes additional costume elements.
Abstract The Women’s Educational Aid Association (WEAA; organized in 1871 as the Educational Association) was founded by Evanston women to help promote the higher education of deserving students at the Evanston College for Ladies. The Women’s Educational Aid Association records document the activities and operation of the organization. The series fills twelve boxes, including one card file box and three drop front boxes, and spans the period 1871-2000. Records are arranged into nine categories:...
Abstract This series consists of record cards documenting the World War I-era military service of Northwestern University alumni and some faculty. The cards typically record for each individual many of the following categories of information: name, Northwestern class (if applicable), dates of birth and admission to and withdrawal from school, name of parent or guardian, permanent address, war service (postings, promotions, combat duty), and military addresses.
Abstract The series consists of war service records for regularly and nominally-enrolled Northwestern students who served in the military or trained for military duty during the time of World War I.
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) X
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston 10
- College students--Illinois--Evanston 6
- Daily Northwestern (Evanston, Ill.) 3
- Leases--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Real property--Illinois--Evanston 3
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Diaries 3
- World War, 1914-1918--Registers 3
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Photographs 2
- English language--Study and teaching 2
- Greek letter societies 2
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc.--World War, 1914-1918 2
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois--Evanston 2
- Academic freedom--United States 1
- Actors 1
- Art, Modern--Congresses 1
- Art--History--Study and teaching 1
- Art--Study and teaching 1
- Awards 1
- Biology--Study and teaching 1
- Boulders--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Businesspeople 1
- Campus planning--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Christian union--Congresses 1
- College campuses--Illinois--Evanston--Design and construction 1
- College presidents--Illinois--Evanston 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 1
- College students--Illinois--Evanston--Societies and clubs 1
- College teachers--Rating of--Illinois 1
- College trustees 1
- Debates and debating--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Degrees, Academic 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--History 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Photographs 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Evanston (Ill.)--Social conditions--21st century 1
- Financial statements 1
- French language--Study and teaching--English speakers 1
- Geology--Study and teaching 1
- Graffiti--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Institutional cooperation--United States 1
- Medical care--Research 1
- Methodist Church--Clergy 1
- Newspapers--Illustrations 1
- Photography--Negatives 1
- Smoking--Public opinion 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Speech--Study and teaching 1
- Sports team mascots 1
- Temperance 1
- University cooperation--United States 1
- Urbanization--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Web archives 1
- Web sites--Indexes 1
- Women--Societies and clubs 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Illinois 1 ∧ less