Showing Collections: 21 - 40 of 51
Abstract The series is arranged in eight subseries: Correspondence, General files, Doctoral Honors Seminar files, Fine and Performing Arts Sub-Committee files, Theatre and Interpretation Building files, Summer Symposia files, Graduate Recitals files, and Departmental Presentations files.
Abstract The papers of Edmund Janes James, filling one box, deal almost exclusively with James' term as Northwestern University's thirteenth president (1902-1904).
Dates: 1881 - 1965; Other: Majority of material found within 1902 - 1904
Abstract Personnel records for the Kellogg Graduate School of Management include official forms and documents relating to employees between the years 1940-1974. Permission of the Archivist is required to access these records.
Abstract The Oliver Marcy Papers comprise biographical materials; correspondence; copies of articles and addresses by Marcy; and materials relating to the Northwestern University Museum of Natural History. Marcy's correspondence concerns a variety of subjects, including his early career as a science teacher at Wilbraham Academy and at Amenia Seminary; his career as a faculty member and his two separate terms as Acting President of Northwestern; Northwestern's faculty and administration, campus life, and...
Abstract The Center for Nursing general administrative records fill eight and one-half bones and span the years 1975-1988. The series is divided into four categories; committee files; budget records; general files: and student files.These records document the everyday administration and workings of The Center for Nursing between 1975-1988.
Abstract The Joe Miller Papers are contained in five boxes and span the years 1924-1979. The collection contains biographical information, materials relating to his early life in Ottumwa, Iowa, and two important events in his Northwestern career: the 25th Waa-Mu show in 1956, and Miller's retirement in 1975. Two scrapbooks complete the collection.
Abstract This series contains payroll record cards for Northwestern University faculty, staff and administrators from the period 1904-1930. The card format is 3 x 5" pre-printed stock with spaces for individual's name, address, department, appropriations, number of payments as well as additional remarks. Each card notes a University employee's name and title, if any, and the department or building in which he or she was employed. Each employee's pay delivery address is given as well. The address may be...
Abstract A member of Northwestern University's original faculty, Henry Sanborn Noyes was the first professor of mathematics, with responsibilities later for astronomy as well as for Greek language and literature. This is an artificial collection which combines publications by and about Noyes with some of his surviving correspondence and general biographical materials.
Dates: 1842 - 1982
Abstract Arnold R. Weber had a long history in academia prior to his election at Northwestern. His teaching career began at M.I.T., where he was an Assistant Professor of Industrial Relations from 1957-58. He went on to hold positions at University of Chicago, Carnegie Mellon University and University of Colorado. In 1984 he accepted the presidency at Northwestern University. He was known for role in addressing budget issues and his forceful leadership style. These papers cover a wide range of subjects...
Abstract This series consists of records pertaining to general administrative matters of Northwestern University's Program in Hospital Administration. The records span the years 1945 and 1948 to 1962. Included in the records are four files relating to employment possibilities for Program graduates, one pertaining to hospital accounting, one containing case studies in hospital administration, one including lists of Program applicants and admission inquiries, and one including fund-raising literature for...
Dates: 1945, 1948-1962
Abstract Correspondence, memoranda, and reports on various matters concerning the internal functioning of Northwestern University's Department of Psychology, and its relationships with the University and the College of Arts and Sciences. The records span the period 1947 through 1982, with the great bulk dating between 1967 and 1975.
Abstract Arthur T. Schmehling (1914- ) was associated with Northwestern University for forty-one years, beginning with his employment in the budget department in 1936. During the years that followed, he assumed broader responsibilities, serving progressively as Director of Student Finance, Manager of Accounting Records, Assistant Business Manager, Controller (1963-1969), and, from 1969 until his retirement in 1977, as Vice-president and Controller. Schmehling also served as a director of the...
Abstract Henry Wade Rogers was born October 10, 1853 in the small town of Holland Patent, New York. After serving as a law professor for 2 years and Dean of the Law School at the University of Michigan for 5 years, Rogers became President of Northwestern University in 1891. As President, Rogers instituted many changes that shaped the future of the University, including uniting all professional schools under the power of the Board of Trustees, pushing for co-education, and insisting on supporting...
Abstract This collection of course outlines and syllabi from Northwestern University's School of Business Program in Hospital Administration covers the years from 1943 to 1960.
Abstract The Center for the Teaching Professions was established on September 1, 1969 under the administrative direction of Northwestern University's School of Education. The Center's purpose was to focus “its resources and energies on the problem of teaching within Northwestern University and in other educational contexts to provide both pre-service and in-service support for the development of more effective strategies for creative teaching and curriculum reform in all professions. The bulk of the...
Abstract The series, arranged in twenty six boxes, is comprised of the administrative records of Robert L. Church, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, School of Education, 1974-1979. The bulk of the records document Church's deanship at the School of Education. A small amount of materials relate to Church's position as faculty member of the School of Education (1970-1974) prior to becoming the associate dean. The activities of the associate dean are documented in five subseries of records: general...
Dates: 1965 - 1986; Other: Majority of material found within 1974 - 1979
Abstract The records of the School of Speech include administrative files on programs, committees, organizations and other School functions.
Dates: 1969 - 2000
Abstract This series is comprised of the administrative records of the Theatre Department of Northwestern University's School of Speech. The series, mainly comprised of departmental correspondence and a few subject files, spans the years from 1950 through 1977.
Abstract The Walter Dill Scott Papers provide a partial view of a pioneering psychologist interested in the classification of military and industrial personnel, and a fairly comprehensive portrait of the administrative role of a Northwestern University president who sought to integrate the disparate components of a university in crisis and develop for it a national reputation. They also illustrate some of the problems faced by an American university during the Depression. The Walter Dill Scott Papers...
Abstract Franklyn Bliss Snyder joined the Northwestern faculty in 1909 as an instructor in English. Snyder took a particular interest in the Scottish poet Robert Burns, publishing in 1932 The Life of Robert Burns and, later, Robert Burns: His Personality, His Reputation and His Art. In 1934, he was promoted to Dean of the Graduate School, taking over the role from James A. James. Among the more important roles Snyder played outside the University were his memberships on the Commission on School Board...
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Administration X
- College presidents 17
- Economists 2
- Evanston (Ill.) 2
- Air pilots, Military 1
- Audiology--Study and teaching 1
- Biochemistry--Study and teaching 1
- Chemical engineers 1
- Civil engineering--Study and teaching 1
- College presidents--Inauguration 1
- College students--Social life and customs 1
- College teaching 1
- College theater 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Economics--Study and teaching 1
- Historians 1
- Hospitals--Administration--Study and teaching 1
- International relations--Study and teaching 1
- Latin language--Study and teaching 1
- Law--Illinois 1
- Mathematics--Study and teaching 1
- Medical education--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Natural history--Study and teaching 1
- Nursing students 1
- Oral interpretation--Study and teaching 1
- Payrolls--Illinois--Chicago 1
- Payrolls--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Psychology, Military 1
- Special events--Management 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American--20th century 1
- Student activities--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Teachers--Training of--United States 1
- Theater--Study and teaching 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the President 17
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 12
- Strotz, Robert H. (Robert Henry) 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Finance 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). College of Arts and Sciences 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Graduate School 3
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Speech 3
- Miller, Joseph Willard, 1906-1979 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Psychology 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Program in Hospital Administration 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Technological Institute 2
- Snyder, Franklyn Bliss, 1884-1958 2
- Ver Steeg, Clarence L. (Clarence Lester), 1922-2007 2
- Bacon, Wallace A., 1914-2001 1
- Bienen, Henry 1
- Bonbright, Daniel, 1831-1912 1
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching. Board of Trustees 1
- Church, Robert L. 1
- Cummings, Joseph, 1817-1890 1
- Dennis, Ralph B. (Ralph Brownell), 1876-1942 1
- Dumas, Lawrence B. (Lawrence Bernard), 1941-2008 1
- Fagg, Fred D. (Fred Dow), 1896-1981 1
- Foley, Barbara, 1948- 1
- Fowler, Charles Henry, 1837-1908 1
- Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary 1
- Gotaas, Harold Benedict, 1906-1977 1
- Harris, A. W. (Abram Winegardner), 1858-1935 1
- Harris, Abram W., Jr., 1890-1958 1
- Haven, E. O. (Erastus Otis), 1820-1881 1
- Holgate, Georgina Burdette, 1866-1934 1
- Holgate, Thomas F. (Thomas Franklin), 1859-1945 1
- Hough, Lynn Harold, 1877-1971 1
- James, Edmund J. (Edmund Janes), 1855-1925 1
- Kerr, William S. (William Sleigh), 1911-1998 1
- Mandel, Martha P., 1926-2007 1
- Marcy family 1
- Marcy, Elizabeth Eunice Smith, 1821-1911 1
- Marcy, Oliver, 1820-1899 1
- Methodist Church (U.S.) 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church 1
- Methodist Episcopal Church--Clergy 1
- Miller, J. Roscoe (James Roscoe), 1905-1977 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty--Societies, etc. 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Center for Nursing 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Center for the Teaching Professions 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Committee on Educational Policy 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Chemical Engineering 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Economics 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of History 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Interpretation 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Mathematics 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Natural History 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Neurosurgery 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Theatre 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). General Faculty Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Graduate School of Management 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Museum of Natural History 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Office of the Vice President and Business Manager 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Education 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Senate 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Vice President and Dean of Faculties 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Vice President for Planning and Development. Office of Special Events 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Waa-Mu Show 1
- Noyes, Henry S., 1822-1872 1
- Princeton University--Faculty 1
- Reye, Theodor, 1838-1919 1
- Rogers, Henry Wade, 1853-1926 1
- Schmehling, Arthur T., 1914-2008 1
- Scott, Walter Dill, 1869-1955 1
- Tillman, Tom W. (Tom Whitten), 1931-2000 1
- United States. Army Air Forces 1
- Weber, Arnold R. (Arnold Robert), 1929-2020 1
- Wesleyan University (Middletown, Conn.)--Administration 1
- Wilson, Woodrow, 1856-1924 1
- Winchell, Alexander, 1824-1891 1 ∧ less