Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 26
Abstract This series consists of one bound volume of the records, largely minutes, of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors, Northwestern University College of Liberal Arts Alumni Association. The records date between August 6, 1883 and June 14, 1924 and document the concerns and activities of the Board, its incorporation, formal duties, plans for alumni events, alumni scholarships and publications.
Abstract Collection consists of 25 cardfile boxes of 4x6 index cards with hand-written notes recording donations by Northwestern University alumni (either individuals or companies/organizations/foundations).
Abstract The Northwestern University Alumni Association began publishing the Alumni News in November 1921. The publication was created with a two-fold purpose: "first, to represent and reflect your (alumni) opinions of all things pertaining to the University plans, policies and existence; and second, to inform you as to what is going on in the University and among your fellow alumni. " Each folder typically contains negatives and contact sheets for photographs that appeared in the Alumni News. Some...
Dates: 1972 - 1985; Other: Majority of material found within 1975 - 1981; Other: Date acquired: 05/04/1988
Abstract The scrapbook, compiled by NU alumnus Oscar Brodfuehrer (1912) vividly documents student life at Northwestern University, circa 1912-17, and also includes family and travel photographs.
Dates: 1912-1917; Other: Date acquired: 11/05/2012
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract Promotional programs, brochures, published advertisements and articles, letter head, invitation, and souvenirs related to CommFest 2018 and A Starry Night gala. CommFest 2018 was a festival hosted by Northwestern University’s School of Communication from April 20-21, 2018 that included workshops, learning events, and performance group reunions, and culminated in a gala titled, “A Starry Night.”
Abstract The Northwestern University Dental School Deceased Alumni Records consist of three card-file boxes of 3” x 5” index cards containing information about alumni/alumnae of the Dental School. The records span the years 1892 to 1947 and consist of file cards. Graduates include dental hygienists as well as dentists. Information on each card is generally sparse, limited in most cases to graduation year, address at graduation, last known address, date of death, and source of information.
Dates: ca. 1892-1947
Abstract The Records of the Dental School Faculty, Staff, and Alumni consist of ten card-file boxes of 3x5 index cards. Faculty cards include dates and courses taught (sometimes including degrees and the institution from which the degree was received). Cards of staff provide employment dates and title; positions range from laboratory maid to stenographer to technician or dental assistant. Alumni cards are relatively uninformative, usually listing only the address of the student, his or her degree, and...
Dates: ca. 1890-1980
Abstract Howard William Kissel (1942-2012), a theatre critic and writer from Wisconsin, wrote for Women’s Wear Daily and a number of other publications. In 1986, he was appointed chief theatre critic for The New York Daily News, a position which he held for nearly 20 years. He also published over a half-dozen books, and wrote plays and musicals for most of his life. Materials in this collection include handwritten notes, drafts of...
Dates: 1930 - 2012; Other: Majority of material found within 1960 - 1990; Other: Date acquired: 02/08/2010
Abstract The papers of Claudine Mason (Dean of Women at Northwestern University) are housed in one full-size box and one half-size box, and include biographical materials, files relating to Mason's formal education, and correspondence. The biographical materials include a few biographical sketches, clippings about Mason's speaking engagements and her appointment to and retirement from Northwestern University, and desk calendars recording her family, social, and organizational activities in Evanston in...
Abstract The Northwestern University Medical School Alumni Records consist of 3” x 5” index cards containing limited information about deceased Medical School alumni/alumnae, spanning the years 1860 to 1965. Records include those of graduates from the Northwestern University Woman’s Medical School (1892-1902).
Abstract This collection contains documents relating to the administration of the Medical Specialty Training Program (a division within Northwestern University's Medical School) for the years 1936-1951. It includes correspondence to and from program administrators, faculty and affiliated hospitals, some financial records generated by the program, minutes from committee meetings relating to the program and records of doctors enrolled in the program.
Abstract The Northwestern University Club of Portland, Oregon was founded at the time of President A.W. Harris' visit to the city on February 4, 1911. The founding officers were: President, Walter S. Asher (Arts ′95); Vice President, Dr. Ernest A. Myers (Dent. ′96); Secretary-Treasurer, Dr. Frank F. Casseday (Arts ′77); Member, Executive Committee, Dr. Jessie Mc Gavin (Wom-Med).This series consists of two parts: a record book; and a folder of clippings and correspondence.
Abstract The Northwestern University Law School Newsletter was first published during the First World War and sent to students and alumni in the military. With the advent of the Second World War, the newsletter was resurrected and sent to hundreds of Northwestern Law School alumni and students serving in the military. In addition to the newsletters, the Northwestern University Law School Newsletter Records include correspondence between the editor of the newsletter and U.S. servicemen during the Second...
Dates: 1917-1919; 1942-1946
Abstract This series consists of a list of alumni of the Union College of Law and its successor entity, the Northwestern University School of Law. The list, contained in one bound volume, is arranged alphabetically by at least the first few letters, not necessarily all, of each student's surname. Given names and middle initials follow and each student's class year or year of graduation is recorded as well. Names included on the list are from the class of 1860 through that of 1905. Charles H. Blatchford,...
Abstract Due to the induction of students into the armed forces during World War I, the Northwestern University School of Law projected a drop in student enrollment and a concomitant loss of significant tuition revenue. To offset this loss, the School of Law formed a committee to solicit alumni donations to make up an anticipated 1917-1918 revenue shortfall of $10,000. The Committee of Alumni to Co-operate with the Faculty and the Trustees of the University in Advancing the Interests of the Law School,...
- Dentists--Training of 2
- Educational fund raising--Illinois--Chicago 2
- Authors, American--20th century 1
- Benefactors 1
- Class reunions--Illinois--Evanston 1
- Dentists 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Jews--United States--Social conditions--Study and teaching 1
- Journalism 1
- Journalists 1
- Lawyers 1
- Lawyers--Training of--United States 1
- Medicine--Specialties and specialists 1
- Music television--United States 1
- Periodical editors 1
- Physicians--Training of 1
- Portland (Or.) 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- Television producers and directors 1
- Television--Production and direction 1
- Theater critics 1
- Women college students--Illinois--Evanston--Social life and customs 1
- World War, 1914-1918--Education and the war 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Education and the war 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law 5
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Dental School 3
- Alumni Association of Northwestern University School of Law 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical School 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Woman's Medical School 2
- Alumni Association of the College of Liberal Arts (Northwestern University) 1
- Brodfuehrer family 1
- Brodfuehrer, Oscar M., 1889-1962 1
- Commfest 2018 1
- Daily news (New York, N.Y. : 1920) 1
- Kissel, Howard 1
- Mason, Claudine V., 1899-1993 1
- Northwestern Alumni Association 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Il.). Office of Alumni Relations and Development 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Funds and scholarships 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). College of Liberal Arts 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Graduate School 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Medical Specialty Training Program 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Commerce 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Communication 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law--Students 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). School of Law. Newsletter 1
- Northwestern University Club of Portland, Oregon 1
- Northwestern University Young Alumni Council 1
- Northwestern alumni news 1
- Porter, Jack Nusan 1
- Rose, Ada Campbell, 1901-1976 1
- Sternfeld, Edith A. (Edith Alice), 1898-1990 1
- Thaxton, Lloyd, 1927-2008 1
- Woman's Hospital Medical College of Chicago 1
- Woman's Hospital Medical College of Chicago--Alumni and alumnae 1 ∧ less