Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Abstract This collection of architectural drawings of Northwestern University buildings, dating between 1932 and 1965 contains elevations, floor plans, alternate drawings, and measurement & detail alterations. The drawings represent most of the buildings present on the Northwestern campus around the mid 1950s, including houses.
Abstract This series incorporates 27 albums of class photographic portraits dating between the years 1874 and 1888. Albums feature portraits of members of a given year's Northwestern University senior class, typically from the College of Liberal Arts, although all members of a class are not necessarily represented in any single volume. Also commonly found in the albums are portraits of Northwestern faculty and administrators, landscapes of Northwestern's Evanston Campus, and photographs of building...
Abstract The series consists of four binders of black and white photographs documenting the construction process and the newly finished structure of the Charles Deering Library at Northwestern University. With two or three exceptions, all photographs were taken by the Chicago Architectural Photographing Company. The photographs document each state in the building's construction, from bare ground to completed but windowless exterior; and show the completed building (both general views, and details).
Abstract This series is comprised of thirty-one mounted photographs of various views of Fisk Hall and other subjects associated with the Medill School of Journalism. The photographs formed an exhibit on the history of Fisk Hall and the Medill School of Journalism that was presented by members of the University Archives staff in Fisk hall in 1989. The photographs, filling one standard-size archival box are arranged by format: there are eight 3″x5″ photographs, thirteen 5″x8″ photographs, and thirteen...
Abstract These records fill two and one-half boxes and span the years 1963 through 1972. Included are correspondence, reports, and other materials documenting the planning and construction of the O.T. Hogan Biological Sciences Building. Also included are proposals and correspondence relating to funding and grant support fox construction costs as well as correspondence between University representatives and the building's architects.
Abstract This series fills two boxes and dates from the period 1961, 1965-1968. The records include correspondence and related materials documenting the planning, fundraising, design and construction of Leverone Hall, moving to the Hall and remodeling.
Dates: 1961, 1965-1977
Collection — Object: 1
Abstract This presentation album was prepared for Mrs. Nathaniel Leverone to acknowledge her late husband's gift to Northwestern University. Materials within the album span the dates August 15, 1968, to September, 1969.
Abstract The records of the University Architect span the years 1926 to 1977. They incorporate a variety of materials, ranging from building space requirements and descriptions by University faculty members of their research and teaching space needs, to correspondence, minutes, and reports, contracts, specifications, proposals in response to bid requests, reports of on-site engineering tests (caissons, compression, et al.), and detailed records of expenses and payments. Not all these varieties of...
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The series consists of 35-mm color negatives made by Northwestern University student photographers, from approximately 1993 to 1996. At least some of the student photographers whose work is included here were affiliated with the Northwestern annual, Syllabus.
Dates: approximately 1993-1996
Abstract This series includes 30 rolls of negatives from photographs taken of the University Library. Most rolls total 36 exposures. The negatives, black and white and on Kodak Tri-X Pan film, are in 35mm format. The photographs, apparently taken during the early 1970s, are mainly of the interior of the University Library although some shots of Deering Library also are included.
Dates: ca. 1970
Abstract This collection documents the activity of the committee established to plan and oversee construction of Northwestern University's University Library building (completed in 1970), viewed through the lens of Clarence Ver Steeg, who chaired the committte for over a decade. The Planning/Building Committee held regular, monthly meetings in addition to engaging in ongoing, sub-committee duties, site visits, and research. The collection is centered around the working files of the committee, including...
Dates: 1951 - 2001; Other: Majority of material found within 1961 - 1970; Other: Date acquired: 02/08/1984
Abstract This collection consists primarily of proof sheets of photographs taken from January,m 1973 through June, 1976, for use by Northwestern University's Department of University Relations. Also included is a card index to subjects and events represented by the photographs. The photographs, taken by a number of individuals employed by or under contract to the Department of University Relations, are largely of university administrators, faculty, students, and benefactors, buildings, and campus...
- Names: Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings X
- Photographs 6
- Evanston (Ill.)--Buildings, structures, etc. 3
- College buildings--Design and construction 2
- College students 2
- Academic libraries 1
- Architecture, Modern--20th century--Designs and plans 1
- College buildings--Design and construction--Finance 1
- Fisk Hall (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Library buildings 1
- Photography--Negatives 1 ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 4
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library 3
- Nathaniel Leverone Hall (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.) 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Faculty 2
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Students 2
- Leverone, Nathaniel, 1884-1969 1
- Medill School of Journalism 1
- Nathaniel Leverone Hall Building Committee (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Biological Sciences 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of University Relations 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library. Building Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Library. Planning Committee 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Physical Plant Department 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Architect 1
- O.T. Hogan Biological Sciences Building (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Syllabus (Evanston, Ill.) 1
- Ver Steeg, Clarence L. (Clarence Lester), 1922-2007 1 ∧ less