Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Over 150 photographic prints (mostly 4x6 cabinet size, mounted on cardstock) taken by noted Evanston, Illinois, photographer Alexander Hesler, dating circa 1870-1887 and depicting Northwestern University faculty, students, and buildings. The collection includes 2 copies of the published volume Photographic Views of Picturesque Evanston (1887).
The Philosophy Department administrative records date from 1959-1984. Records included in the series are budget statements, course planning materials, Evening Division and Summer Session materials relating to the department, faculty and staff materials, grade reports, lists of students majoring in philosophy, departmental meeting minutes, departmental memoranda, general correspondence, and quarterly reports.
Melvin A. Pingree was a Northwestern University student in the 1860s. His photograph collection contains carte-de-visite photographs of Northwestern students and faculty, as well as Civil War soldiers and officers.
Sociologist, educator, and university dean and vice president, James P. Pitts (1944- ) received his B.A. in Political Science and M.A., and Ph.D. in Sociology from Northwestern University. His papers fill 7 boxes, and span the years 1961 to 2013. Composed of newspaper clippings, press releases, curricula vitae, correspondences, and published work, the papers contain Pitts' writings, awards, and a scrapbook and jersey from his time at Northwestern.
The Records of World Wars I and II related to Northwestern University fill two archival boxes and span the years 1914 to 2005. The records are divided into WWI and WWII with the majority of the records relating to WWII. Records document both activities during the Wars and commemorative activities postwar and include information about both general programs and specific individuals.
- College students 3
- Photographs 3
- African American college athletes 1
- African American college students 1
- Baseball 1
- Baseball players 1
- Basketball 1
- Basketball players 1
- College athletes 1
- Deans (Education) 1
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- Sociology--Study and teaching 1
- United States--Armed Forces--Recruiting, enlistment, etc. 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Portraits 1
- World War, 1914-1918 1
- World War, 1939-1945 1 + ∧ less
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 3
- Hesler, Alexander, 1823-1895 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Sports 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). Department of Philosophy 1