Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract This series incorporates 27 albums of class photographic portraits dating between the years 1874 and 1888. Albums feature portraits of members of a given year's Northwestern University senior class, typically from the College of Liberal Arts, although all members of a class are not necessarily represented in any single volume. Also commonly found in the albums are portraits of Northwestern faculty and administrators, landscapes of Northwestern's Evanston Campus, and photographs of building...
Abstract Over 150 photographic prints (mostly 4x6 cabinet size, mounted on cardstock) taken by noted Evanston, Illinois, photographer Alexander Hesler, dating circa 1870-1887 and depicting Northwestern University faculty, students, and buildings. The collection includes 2 copies of the published volume Photographic Views of Picturesque Evanston (1887).
Abstract Melvin A. Pingree was a Northwestern University student in the 1860s. His photograph collection contains carte-de-visite photographs of Northwestern students and faculty, as well as Civil War soldiers and officers.
- College students 2
- Evanston (Ill.) 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Portraits 1
- Hesler, Alexander, 1823-1895 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.)--Buildings 1
- Northwestern University (Evanston, Ill.). University Archives 1
- Pingree, Melvin A., 1845-1865 or 1866 1
- United States. Army--Officers--Portraits 1